Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

well this SUCKS

alright, so do you think it screws off or slides off? what about taking the board out from the battery compartment?

Razako

Here are some pics of my 30mw that might help you figure this out.
IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Played the DX lottery, and lost. Shoot, for that price buy another :p

Razako

bobobob121 said:
thanks, that helps me a little bit...

im having a problem here though..
dskjfksdjfg.jpg
On mine you can simply unscrew the tube from the head exposing the circuit board without even needing to take the entire head apart.

ooo, well does anyone know the schematics on this so i know how to take it apart??

sorry for the double post..but does anyone know if i could of burnt out the diode using the trustfire 3.6 volt rechargeable lithium batteries?

Razako

bobobob121 said:
sorry for the double post..but does anyone know if i could of burnt out the diode using the trustfire 3.6 volt rechargeable lithium batteries?
I use them in mine and they haven't damaged it.

daguin

bobobob121 said:
ooo, well does anyone know the schematics on this so i know how to take it apart??

I'm going to go back to the beginning. You say that when you opened it up the "inner spring" fell out. Where did this "inner" spring come from? Was it from the clicky end? Was it from between the batteries and the module?

Peace,
dave

Razako

Here's a pic showing what you should do. It's a pic of my broken 30mw module and I'm not entirely sure if the 20mw is exactly like this. Simply unscrew the battery tube from the head and it should expose the part of the circuit board where the spring broke off and you can easily solder it back on.
laz3.jpg

daguin

bobobob121 said:
it was from between the battery and the module

It is the spring that makes the contact between the driver and the power source. It probably goes directly against the battery terminal. It stopped working because the solder joint where it was connected to the driver was not done correctly so it broke loose. Re-solder the spring to the driver where it came off and you should be good to go.

Peace,
dave

i solved the problem..it just popped right out. After that was solved, i took it apart to add vaseline to all the seals and when i put it back together it looked as if it was mode hopping, "dot was HUGE". I tightened "focused" the lens in the laser module and fixed that problem up as well. Tonight im going to take some beam shots outside and tomorrow im going to start writing my review when i get home early from final exams :D

and dave, i don't know what kind of crappy solder they used on it but i used some silver with built in flux.

daguin

bobobob121 said:
i solved the problem..it just popped right out. After that was solved, i took it apart to add vaseline to all the seals and when i put it back together it looked as if it was mode hopping, "dot was HUGE". I tightened "focused" the lens in the laser module and fixed that problem up as well. Tonight im going to take some beam shots outside and tomorrow im going to start writing my review when i get home early from final exams :D

and dave, i don't know what kind of crappy solder they used on it but i used some silver with built in flux.

BEAUTY! :)

I await the pic's. :cool:

Peace,
dave