Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Welcome from Estonia!

Hello everyone! My name is Silver and I recently got pretty interested in lasers. I quickly found this forum and it has given me lots of great advice about lasers. But I still have a question. I have owned many 5mw lasers (I even accidentally modded one green to burn by removing one lens) and now decided to buy something more powerful. And here's my question:which will be better for a beginner: a 50mw 520nm or a 100-200mw 445nm. I would also like to do some nice beam shots at some foggy nights. So which would be better for a beginner? Thanks in advance
-Silver

Welcome the 50mW 520nm will be nice for beam shots

Last edited:
Welcome to the LPF, Silver. Be sure to get protective eyewear as anything over 5 mW is too much power for your blink reflex to keep you safe. The 520nm is a green laser and is far more visible than the 445nm, even at the higher power. It will give a more visible beam as well.

BobMc

Welcome to the forum Silver. World of info here for the laser hobbyist. Enjoy and be safe. :)

Reactions: GSS
Thanks everybody! I'm now for sure going with the 520nm green! Really helpful forum with friendly people!

I personally like 600nm's+ color :pop:
520nm is nice to get you can always compare it with like 532nm or any color later when you get more in to lasers

Reactions: GSS
Anyone's could recommend me a good place to buy lasers? I was going to buy from Laserbtb but they stopped selling lasers.

Welcome to LPF Silver, Yes protect those eyes first of all and have a great time here.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Silver! :beer:

Here is a good source to start with when looking for reputable laser companies.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/guide-company-should-i-buy-97936.html

My personal first choice would be Jetlasers with their great customer service, and then probably Sanwu, who also have great products.
There are also quality builds made by members here at LPF that come up from time to time, you'll find them in the Buy, Sell, Trade section.

Edit: Be sure to take advantage of the custom search bar located at the bottom of the page, there is a wealth of information to be found there. :yh:

Last edited:
Okay, thanks everyone for help, I'll buy a 50-150mw green from Sanwu and then probably a 1w blue bad boy from Blord.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Silver. :)
Good call on the 50mW 520nm. Enjoy your stay, and your laser. :beer:

:wave: Welcome to the Forum...
As the other members have pointed out..
Get an appropriate pair of Laser Safety
Googles/Glasses and be Laser Safe.

Jerry