Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

We’re to buy our favourite silicone wire

The only person I saw that used the word silicon was Rich. But, he makes typos all the time. I just let it go as I know what he meant to write.

And benm and now deadshadow

Given the context, I know what was meant, of course! But search engines can't always guess what you mean, and newbs reading the thread might not know either.

Last edited:

I know house caulk is silicone and electronics are made with silicon, I think where I could mess it up with wire is when my subconscious puts wire into the electronics category and lets me get it wrong, that is it doesn't stand out like house caulk does from computer chips.

It's good to be reminded in my case so I don't look stupid saying it wrong.

Last edited:

JimK

The silver coat version is Kynar or PVDF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinylidene_fluoride

I find I use PVDF more for everything high-amp laser driver to non-laser electronics because of (imo) better properties as a thermoplastic. Same reflex strength as silicone etc, and not susceptible to melting.

If you want silicone polymer wrap, I believe all the hookup lines use it:

https://www.jaycar.com.au/red-flexible-light-duty-hook-up-wire-sold-per-metre/p/WH3010

That comes to about a 20 of your American wire Gauge for the light version (13x 0.12mm in circle so squishes up).
There is no jaycar in America though.

Bill and I are aus.

I'm also looking for Red, Black and Yellow 28AWG
"SillyKon" (see below for clarification) wire....
Bought some from Jeff a while back in 100' lengths
but he seems to be MIA...
Bought some from eBay... 5 weeks wait and some
from BangGood but they only come packaged in
F%67king 1 meter lengths per bag.

Jerry

(Note: SillyKon = Silicone...) :D

Last edited:
Yep we need a reliable supplier of the high strand flexible stuff Jeff used to sell, None of the wire I’ve bought of eBay is the same!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I agree Billy, while many sellers have "silicone" wire for sale, most of it seems to use the lower count, larger diameter wire strands, which make the wire much stiffer than what we're used too with Flaminpyros quality wire. :mad:

Hi I get my spools in 26,24,22 AWG
BNTECHGO 22 AWG Silicone Wire Spool 25ft Red and 25ft Black 22 Gauge Copper Wire
Wire

Rich:)

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: