Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanting to build a laser

Hey everyone
I've been wanting to build my own 405nm laser for awhile and I have found the LZCS host on lazerer and also found a driver on their site too. I'm just wondering if I should use that host and driver and also if I do get that driver what should I set the mA too. And the lense that the host comes with is a m9 lense. Should I buy a different lense? And I want to buy one of DTR's diodes. Like his price and want a high powered violet laser. Thank you for any help.
-Alex

First you should familiarize yourself with this thread if you haven't referenced it already. As for setting the output, make sure you use a 12X S06J diode because you can drive them up to 650mA+ which makes for a damn powerful violet laser. Also you should consider a 405-G lens, this lens provides maximum output whereas the 3 element lenses decrease your output by roughly 30% :beer:

Ok thank you for your input and so do you think I should try out that host and driver? And the lens I was looking at for awhile and I'm thinking about getting that one if it can fit.

Check out the thread in my sig! And for max power from a 405, you'll want a 405-g-1 or g-2 lens.