Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want/where to buy high power 532nm green laser modules?

I've been looking around and I can't seem to find anything higher than 200mW.

I'm looking for something 500mW+. Preferably around the 1000mW mark. Any help you can give me would be great, and if you have one for sale and can prove its power, I'll gladly try and strike a deal with you:D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You're right, most all of the 532nm modules show a max. output of ~200mW, and many won't give you near that much.
If you want a high power module of 500mW+, you may be able to contact Gray at Jetlasers; he may be willing to sell a module only, in your output range.
Another option might be Laserbtb, or even Podo at Sanwu, although I'm not sure what he has in high power 532's.

Last edited:

GSS

Another Holy Grail module 500mw we are all chasing:whistle: it has to be out there, as we are finding complete pointers pretty cheap now up there in power although they are blowing up:rolleyes:
All I can give is member "Paul123" set me up with a 200mw from Aptlightingworld.
He sold me an older stock that he set at 192mw but has gotten up to 250mw. Can't give you beam and dot spec's but will say its crisp and tight...
These are with a 1W initial pump diode and definitly needs a driver sink as they get warm.
He nor me has gotten anything from them for a few years so actually its time to give them a look again. Last I looked they were in the $60 range.

Edit: LiLdutch, not sure if you want it the cheapest it can be as there are some high power with quality but high prices, or a module for a project or swap
but seeing there are a few $100 or so 500mw peak complete units, why not try to pull a module out of one and see if you can modify its shortcomings like driver sinking...

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I agree, if you're going with <100~150mW modules, fasttech gives you the best bang for your buck! :yh:

You're right, most all of the 532nm modules show a max. output of ~200mW, and many won't give you near that much.
If you want a high power module of 500mW+, you may be able to contact Gray at Jetlasers; he may be willing to sell a module only, in your output range.
Another option might be Laserbtb, or even Podo at Sanwu, although I'm not sure what he has in high power 532's.

Thanks! I'll shoot Gray an email and see what we can do:D

Another Holy Grail module 500mw we are all chasing:whistle: it has to be out there, as we are finding complete pointers pretty cheap now up there in power although they are blowing up:rolleyes:
All I can give is member "Paul123" set me up with a 200mw from Aptlightingworld.
He sold me an older stock that he set at 192mw but has gotten up to 250mw. Can't give you beam and dot spec's but will say its crisp and tight...
These are with a 1W initial pump diode and definitly needs a driver sink as they get warm.
He nor me has gotten anything from them for a few years so actually its time to give them a look again. Last I looked they were in the $60 range.

Edit: LiLdutch, not sure if you want it the cheapest it can be as there are some high power with quality but high prices, or a module for a project or swap
but seeing there are a few $100 or so 500mw peak complete units, why not try to pull a module out of one and see if you can modify its shortcomings like driver sinking...

Yeah I took a chance on one from gearbest and it should be coming in soon. Hopefully it's overspec and then I might try and pull the module from it instead.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/reliable-source-532nm-modules-96736.html

Check out this thread I made a while ago, might have some info you're looking for.

In my experience since then I've been buying 532nm modules from fasttech for 5$ a pop, and they've turned out great at an average of almost 100mW. :D

Thanks for the link! I will probably try some one the 100mW-ish ones later on. I just have 2-3 hosts that need filled at the moment and I'd like a 532nm to test against my 520:D

Another option for a bare module could be from Lasever. I know they did in fact offer 800mW models a few years ago, can't be too far a stretch to get to 1W from there.

I've purchased a 100mW 473nm module from them long ago, they work fine... however they did end up ripping off one of our members, jayrob, when he was offering to help make custom builds using their modules.

Link to Thread

Link to Module

Last edited:
The only one i can think is module from CNI
here is the datasheet:
http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-H-532.pdf
CNI_532nm_module.jpg

and here is the link to page:
OEM Laser, Laser Module,Green Laser Module | CNIlaser

Last edited:
the last time i check with CNI the module for 1000 mW was $700. i hope this help some what.

GSS

Are the more powerful 532's modules bigger than the standard 12mm? Looking at CNI's or lasever prints they seem to have a bigger standard host.
Someone has had to have a look at least to what's inside their complete units?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes they are larger, the Lasever modules seem to be 26 and 28mm in dia. and CNI's are 20 and 26mm in dia., not mention longer also. Definitely not going in a pen. ;)

GSS

Yes they are larger, the Lasever modules seem to be 26 and 28mm in dia. and CNI's are 20 and 26mm in dia., not mention longer also. Definitely not going in a pen. ;)
Thanks, way good to know. More mass for sinking? Would the whole set up be bigger as far as crystal's etc.
Curious when LiLdutch gets his cheap priced host and to see if they are just out of control pumping these 12mm units. A few seem to have some Aliexpress one's and no one has mentioned what they might see inside, at least I haven't seen..