Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to make own 445nm blue laser pointer - Convoy S2+ host

GSS

G2 laser lens will be good if i want thinn laser beam ?
The PLTB450B 1.6W diode has a better beam profile than the M140. Using a G2 with the PLTB450B still gives a great tight beam profile.
I have 3 of them myself.
Can you use 2 "18350"s" or 2 "16340's"? Then you can run the first driver you showed.
Using 1 "18650" you will need a boost driver I believe and maby only get 1.2A with it.. I'm not experienced enough on this so maby others will chime in..
Could be the driver you showed will work well with 1 cell. I'm really behind the times..

I think Laserland is a decent place but its located in China so shipping might be slower a little slower.
Yes they have a 95% feedback score but it only takes 2 negative feedbacks to drop them there if they only show 132 items sold in the last month..

Last edited:

patrykz103

1709630115036.png
In my opinion, i found probably best driver for me, but with one problem - output current is 1,75A, but "my" laser diode PLTB450B is 1.2-1.5A working rage... 1,75A will be good or too much ? And it has anti-reverse protection.

GSS

Why size of the battery matters, if 18650 is almost the same as 2x 18350 ?
Each battery whether the 18650 or the shorter 18350 is a 3.7v to 4.1v cell.
2 18350's in series is about the same length a 1 18650. So you can use 2 18350's in your host.
Using 2 18350's will give you 8.4v to 9.2v which most buck drivers use and you can run the diode at 1.8A for max power.

Your initial mention of the 14500 battery is also only 3.7v to 4.2v.

Member Giannis is in Greece and maby he has a driver for you.
I think his sight is "GiannisLaserShack"..

Last edited:

patrykz103

Using 2 18350's will give you 8.4v to 9.4v which most buck drivers use and you can run the diode at 1.8A for max power.

Your initial mention of the 14500 battery is also only 3.7v to 4.2v.
This diode will not work at 3,7-4,2V range in this situation ? (for ex. 3,7-4,2V 1,8A)

I found good single mode driver which runs 1,75A (I post it above your reply) with anti-reverse polarity protection

GSS

Just to say that your PTLB450B diode will take 1.8A. I'm a bit confused thats why I mention it. I have 3 like I told you running at 1.8A.
Did you buy a Survival laser Convoy host with the heatsink included?

You do know that you might have to set the output Amps yourself..

I think the last driver you showed is most likely a LED driver, I wouldn't chance using it. Don't go cheap as its not a good idea especially on a driver.
Hopefully others will post with better experience.

Last edited:

GSS

I use a SXD driver for all of them.
The are from seller DTR's Lasers shop.

GSS

I will make heatsink myself.

If you have this diodes, can you send to me a link for your driver ?
Where are you with your build plan?
Do you have a lathe? because you mentioned you will make your own heatsink.
This gives you a chance to drop a complete 12mm module/driver into the host.

I can find a heatsink with the board that drops into a 501B host and show a pic. Its setup to take that complete 12mm module.

patrykz103

I wanted to use Convoy S2+ host. I have this flashlight and measured that heatsink need to be OD:21mm, so i found aluminium tube 21x12mm, and need to be cut 15mm long(max lenght, because longer heatsink will block battery tube to be screwed in max lenght).
Only one problem will be wires, i need to find out how to solder without twisting them. But right now, i need to wait for all parts to receive to me. I bought driver from Giannis_TDM, he need to make one for me.
Do you have a lathe?
Unfortunately, I dont have...

Reactions: GSS

patrykz103

I ordered 17mm diameter driver from him, which fits perfect in S2+ brass driver "pill" :ROFLMAO: i do not remember name of it...
I just figured out now, that i can just solder aluminium tube (or just glue) to brass driver pill outside of the host, and them just screw all in. I promise that I will post all steps in pictures here when I will start to build !
I need to tap M4 thread in heatsink, and can go build :D

Ricker

May have to use adhesive with aluminum and brass, they don't like solder unfortunately.

GSS

I ordered 17mm diameter driver from him, which fits perfect in S2+ brass driver "pill" :ROFLMAO: i do not remember name of it...
I just figured out now, that i can just solder aluminium tube (or just glue) to brass driver pill outside of the host, and them just screw all in. I promise that I will post all steps in pictures here when I will start to build !
I need to tap M4 thread in heatsink, and can go build :D
Just a thought. I know your in Poland which is why I didn't bring this up before but I would think about getting a ready to go "Plug an Play" host from LIfetime17.
Just connect 2 wires and slide the module in.. His prices are very good so shipping wouldn't be that bad.

This way you can take your time and still learn with the host you have now..
This hobby is addictive and i'm certain you won't be happy with just one laser..

Encap

Just a thought. I know your in Poland which is why I didn't bring this up before but I would think about getting a ready to go "Plug an Play" host from LIfetime17.
Just connect 2 wires and slide the module in.. His prices are very good so shipping wouldn't be that bad.

This way you can take your time and still learn with the host you have now..
This hobby is addictive and i'm certain you won't be happy with just one laser..
Excellent idea/thought. Many nice very reasonably priced, no pain, "plug and play". any style you like hosts.
See:
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/sale-thread-hosts-heat-sinks-focus-adapters-lasers.100082/

Last edited: