Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Vote for your favorite laser company !

Nothing against you.. its just the limitations of polls.

See on the other hand.. "envee" may be the best of them all, but just because only One person chimed in.. it appears as bad?

So how can a newcomer interpret this as to deciding which company he wants to go with?

Based on the way this works.. I'm surprised laserglow is doing so well since I believe its a minority in the number game as to who has what kind of laser.

Each of us interpret the question differently and I'm probrably only muddying the water.

Favorite means many things.. you don't even have to own one, to like the company and wish you owned one!

Nevertheless, the results are revealing.... but I bet if this same post was made on WL, it would swing the other way.

the biggest limitation of this poll is that only 18 of our 800 members have voted. our most avid posters have contributed the votes and this is the reason that the results seem skewed . it is difficult to rate diverse companies when only a few of us have had dealings with multiple vendors.

I hate to say it BUT my favorites are becoming my home made devices !!! My reds can be focused for burning and my NdYag when finished will be fun in a limited area because it is IR. The greenies still rule with beam visability at night so my DL95 is good.
Mike

The fact that LaserGlow are so highly rated despite only a small following suggests they must be quite good.

I have one of their 5mw lasers and got an Aries 200 ariving today. Very impressed with them and their customer service.

What really sets them apart is they test their laser output over 10 minutes. With a lot of firms 200mw means it peaked at 200mw for maybe a few seconds after switching on but after a minute your lucky if it's half that. With LaserGlow 200mw means the average over 10 mins - even though they may well have peaked at 240mw.

S

SenKat

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at you average power, and peak power....My Aries 175 is 193mw steady with a peak of 227mw (Sorry if I got any numb ers boogered up - not enough coffee yet !)

I believe them to do the opposite of what other companies do - they habitually UNDER rate their lasers - so you get more bang for the buck ! I do not mind that at all !!!

cyberindie said:
The fact that LaserGlow are so highly rated despite only a small following suggests they must be quite good.

I have one of their 5mw lasers and got an Aries 200 ariving today. Very impressed with them and their customer service.

What really sets them apart is they test their laser output over 10 minutes. With a lot of firms 200mw means it peaked at 200mw for maybe a few seconds after switching on but after a minute your lucky if it's half that. With LaserGlow 200mw means the average over 10 mins - even though they may well have peaked at 240mw.

I think the impression of a small following is because those here on these forums for the most part have habitually been "hobbyist" with limited funds and needs for real quality and the want of extra size usually associated with pro quality...

But from the time the Aries was ordered till the Herc was ordered.. I think only a week went by and the order numbers were right at 100 difference!... so they do sell a fair amount of lasers... more for commercial and professional.

The beauty of it is, that usually Professional grade stuff cost dearly and the average joe can't justify getting it... but in laserglows case thats not true.

Oh and btw... Wicked lasers "hate" when I refer to laserglow as professional and thiers as for hobbyist!.. LOL!.... that was enough to get me banned!... if it were not true, I could see reasons against me for slander.. but unfortunately for them, it is! And they know it and and are afraid of that word getting out.

T

timelord

It's official WICKED LASERS make toys for little kids and and claim they give you good customer service LOL!!!  ;D ;D Yea right  :D :D

Timelord said:
It's official WICKED LASERS make toys for little kids and and claim they give you good customer service LOL!!! ;D ;D Yea right :D :D

Hey!.. and there's surprises and prizes too!...complete with a few clowns! ;)

T

timelord

Would you wanna suprise out of this bag LOL!!! ;D ;D [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh man!.... my eyes!!!!!

Everytime I finally get over that picture, you keep posting it again!..... ouch!!!!

Nothing personal against Steve of course.. but I wish he wouldn't sit with his legs so spread apart!.... thats just tooo nasty!!! :-?

windstrings said:
[quote author=cyberindie link=1172107432/15#19 date=1172740317]The fact that LaserGlow are so highly rated despite only a small following suggests they must be quite good.

I think the impression of a small following is because those here on these forums for the most part have habitually been "hobbyist" with limited funds and needs for real quality and the want of extra size usually associated with pro quality...

But from the time the Aries was ordered till the Herc was ordered.. I think only a week went by and the order numbers were right at 100 difference!... so they do sell a fair amount of lasers... more for commercial and professional.

The beauty of it is, that usually Professional grade stuff cost dearly and the average joe can't justify getting it... but in laserglows case thats not true.

Oh and btw... Wicked lasers "hate" when I refer to laserglow as professional and thiers as for hobbyist!.. LOL!.... that was enough to get me banned!... if it were not true, I could see reasons against me for slander.. but unfortunately for them, it is! And they know it and and are afraid of that word getting out.[/quote]

You got banned for that?
I found out last night that I too was banned from Steve's forum sometime yesterday.
What did I say?
Well, a new Spyder II onwer was asking if he should send his new laser back for repair as he could not melt electrical tape with it. I told him I thought he should measure the divergence, but in any case a 200mW laser should be able to easily melt electrical tape.

Maybe we should start a club?
BTW, nice picture of Steve.

OMG.. a spyder would not melt what a 60mw laser should do?

LOL!

Well join the club of outcast... or maybe I should say "the redeemed!"

P

Placebo

I too, went with laserglow, they are pretty awesome. Atlas Nova perhaps should be added, I picked up one of their $99 astronomy grade units. 39.7mW out of the box and that is no lie!

T

timelord

bootleg2go said:
[quote author=windstrings link=1172107432/15#22 date=1176576945][quote author=cyberindie link=1172107432/15#19 date=1172740317]The fact that LaserGlow are so highly rated despite only a small following suggests they must be quite good.

I have one of their 5mw lasers and got an Aries 200 ariving today.  Very impressed with them and their customer service.  

What really sets them apart is they test their laser output over 10 minutes.  With a lot of firms 200mw means it peaked at 200mw for maybe a few seconds after switching on but after a minute your lucky if it's half that.  With LaserGlow 200mw means the average over 10 mins - even though they may well have peaked at 240mw.

I think the  impression of a small following is because those here on these forums for the most part have habitually been "hobbyist" with limited funds and needs for real quality and the want of extra size usually associated with pro quality...

But from the time the Aries was ordered till the Herc was ordered.. I think only a week went by and the order numbers were right at 100 difference!... so they do sell a fair amount of lasers... more for commercial and  professional.

Oh and btw... Wicked lasers "hate" when I refer to laserglow as professional and thiers as for hobbyist!.. LOL!.... that was enough to get me banned!... if it were not true, I could see reasons against me for slander.. but unfortunately for them, it is! And they know it and and are afraid of that word getting out.[/quote]

You got banned for that?
I found out last night that I too was banned from Steve's forum sometime yesterday.
What did I say?
Well, a new Spyder II onwer was asking if he should send his new laser back for repair as he could not melt electrical tape with it. I told him I thought he should measure the divergence, but in any case a 200mW laser should be able to easily melt electrical tape.

Maybe we should start a club?
BTW, nice picture of Steve.[/quote]
Welcome to the outcast club :D I was the first to get banned by the china man and now it seems he hitting the banned button to control his sheep BAH BAH!!! It's a chinese dictatorship over there not a forum. As soon as you don't kiss wicked laser bum hole your out!! As my girlfriend says "bad boys are more interesting" :D [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif]