Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Vote for your favorite laser company !

Daedal

SenKat said:
Heh...you wanna REALLY see that avatar close up ? Play the game Diablo - that is the end shot of the game...VERY addictive. You will most likely see that shot about 50 times before you get past it - that is if you saved your game early enough !!! HARD end part....well, it was for me, anyways ! LOL

I'm more of a DooM guy myself... I bought DooM III when it came out... I played it for about an hour, then I got too scared and stopped. Never turned it on since! I can't play it... Big screen + nice surround sound + good graphics... that thing just turns into reality! You see something jump at you in the game and you fall off your chair! I love it... but it scared me... :-[ :-[

--DDL

Gazoo

I loved Doom 3. Awesome sound effects and all. I have a 100" screen and projector. But I didn't play it on it..I probably would have been too scared. I have one of those Sony 24" wide screen CRT monitors. I got lucky and got it used for a great price. It is almost like new. Awesome for games and such.

Daedal

I'm guessing yer talking about playing it on a console? Console vs. Computer for DooM... Computer... Of course!! It doesn't even feel right using a controller :(

--DDL

Gazoo

Daedal said:
I'm guessing yer talking about playing it on a console? Console vs. Computer for DooM... Computer... Of course!! It doesn't even feel right using a controller :(

--DDL

Yes...definitely a computer. The only way to play Doom. To me graphics are better with computer games.
I remember when Doom first came out and how I was in awe at playing it multiplayer over a 56K modem..Lol.

Daedal

Gazoo said:
I remember when Doom first came out and how I was in awe at playing it multiplayer over a 56K modem..Lol.

Ouch! That brings back some hard memories!! 56K games... LOL... C&C, DooM, Quake... etc... And we can't ever forget the original forums! The good old BBS's... lol These were the days when you used to say "I transferred a floppy over BBS overnight... I couldn't wait up for it" OH... that dial tone still gives me nightmares till today... lol ;D ;D ;D

--DDL

S

SenKat

Daedal said:
[quote author=Gazoo link=1172107432/60#67 date=1184647498]I remember when Doom first came out and how I was in awe at playing it multiplayer over a 56K modem..Lol.

Ouch! That brings back some hard memories!! 56K games... LOL... C&C, DooM, Quake... etc... And we can't ever forget the original forums! The good old BBS's... lol These were the days when you used to say "I transferred a floppy over BBS overnight... I couldn't wait up for it" OH... that dial tone still gives me nightmares till today... lol  ;D ;D ;D

--DDL[/quote]

Awe, man - I ran a BBs called "The Zoo" in Jacksonville...I was the Zookeeper LOL !! WOW odd how those aweful memories come flooding back late at night....hahahahhaa !ran it on a 286/20mhz with a 14400 baud modem...that was SMOKIN fast ! Geesh.....that was back in the days when Microsoft's Bill Gates was quoted as saying, you will NEVER need more than 640kb of RAM to run one of our Operating systems ! LOL !!!!

Gazoo

Actually when Doom first came out I think we were playing it on slower than 56k modems..lol. Yeah, the BBS's were handy for downloading Doom .wads...ha..ha.

T

timelord

SenKat said:
Hahahahahahaha ! I am sure I'll catch it from him a little later :p Muahahahahaha !
It's a real compliment from all you guys saying about my taste in women ;) Lazergirl is a real catch :cool: As for my out there pictures well that's just my wacky sense of humour I like to inflict on you all ;D ;D ;D Our forum is a great place for our hobby but when I became a moderator here I was determined to make this a funny place to hang out too. Greg no offense taken I'll use the air fair and take Lazergirl for a meal ;) :cool:

Aseras

I'm gonna go for opto for my vote although I think laserglow and atlasnova are both top notch as well.

I voted for Optotronics, this last pruchase was my 2nd from them and each time it gets better!
See my "got my RPL-325" post in the green forum. :)

Y

yew.sir-name

i'm gonna have to say dx as i've only ever bought lasers from them. i've got one from kd too, but dx sent me a free hellicopter once because one they sent me was broke. well that doesn't make it free, but the broken one comes in handy for parts. saying that, i know the one from senkat will blow them out the water

:cool:
Hi, for favorite --------> Destructive Gear very sturdy, nice design.
2nd favorite Spymodex , These are the only two that I have personal experience with. 75 mw green Destructive Gear has a very nice product, but used to have a problem with their email system, hopefully fixed by now. I ordered a 125 mw green laser from Spymodex. It worked for about a week, and then I had to return it for repair. I don't know if that was a fluke or not. It has worked fine since I got it back, and their service people were very responsive and helpful. I also have a 5 mw green "astronomical" laser, manufacturer unknown, that works ok, but it eats up the unusual type "N" batteries.