Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Visible green laser??

Morgan

TJ only quoted the lasers he has, not suggestions for you to buy. Research is the only way if you want to build them yourself and that's eminently possible to do.

Check out the guide in my sig for the basics on homemade.

M
:)

Last edited:

Yes, unless you live in an arid climate. Most arid climates have very clean air, and you need particles in the air to see any laser.

Of course, at high enough power levels, the air itself becomes the scattering medium, but that's a topic for another day. :crackup:

Ok thank Morgan. But I dot have any tools to build lasers. I am just going to have to buy one online. Unless someone would be willing to make me one! That would be awesome!

Morgan

Ok thank Morgan. But I dot have any tools to build lasers. I am just going to have to buy one online. Unless someone would be willing to make me one! That would be awesome!

There are many prepared to build but the fun is in the making yourself. There are several good kits available from the site. Check out the, "Pro Shop", "B/S/T", sections for these.

The starting tools TJ mentions above are all you need to get going and see, "First Light". It get's a bit more technical after that.

Where in the world are?

M

Last edited:
Only tools you need are a soldering iron, and some flux filed solder.
yeah i don't have any of these items..

There are many prepared to build but the fun is in the making yourself. There are several good kits available from the site. Check out the, "Pro Shop", "B/S/T", sections for these.

The starting tools TJ mentions above are all you need to get going and see, "First Light". It get's a bit more technical after that.

Where in the world are?

M

but if the kits have everything included that would be sweet! and yess building the laser would be fun! and im in the heart of the united states.

Ok thank you!! I might just want to buy a laser and take it apart to see how it all works and stuff before I build one!

Cad602

Ok thank you!! I might just want to buy a laser and take it apart to see how it all works and stuff before I build one!

If you take one apart make it one of those el cheapo pointers from Staples...but I would recommend you buy your first laser. Especially if you want a green one since those are much more complicated than the rest to build. You'll probably learn more by just buying the hosts, drivers or driver components (depending on what you're after) and familiarize yourself with the parts you'll be working with...and buy a case to put all that stuff in!

If you have no experience yet, I recommend taking a basic electronic circuit building class at a local science center or train by yourself with a soldering iron so you can get good at controlling the heat before building your own laser gadget.

Hopefully at some point you do go ahead and build your own high power 445nm (Blue) laser - not just to save money, but to enjoy the hobby!

But be careful, even an old guy with 30 years soldering experience has to slow down before putting heat on these diodes...Luckily I've only killed a $10 red with too much heat and not enough patience - my A140 kills were from driving them too hard...*sigh*

Keep reading these forums, as this is the greatest place in the world to learn about lasers!:wave: