Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos you wish to share part two.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You are not too far off. When not observed they can be treated as being a wave. With entanglement we note their 'spin' however this is a particle behaviour. The entangled pair will be opposite spins to each other. Its a bit like sending someone an inverted image and it showing up correct on the other side. To be honest I am not sure what the scientist do to avoid disturbing the superposition of state until they meaningfully detect the outcomes. I have probably seen the answer to this before, but haven't simply forgotten right now.

Wakrah

Gazer...
Are there no ways to detect photons without disturbing them? In entangled photons would measuring the 2nd one cause them both to behave as particles, or would only the measured one behave as a particle while the other remains as a wave?

Gazer, I believe it is still all theory for the answer to that one. So far, from what I gather (my fail-safe statement), we have been unable to determine such, this the crux of the whole mystery, I think. It’s like the old wanting to keep or have your cake and eat it too, you cannot do that, if you measure you just affected the outcome. No way to know, not yet, perhaps never.

gazer101

"Someone examining all the photons in the world..."
Hmm, what if the photons immediately get sucked into a blackhole and informationally destroyed?
Checkmate!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm in one of these deep questioning moods today. So bear with me. :p :oops:
Here is a particular question I have randomly thought about in the past and it is bit out there. A prewarning to some.
What if every singular universe actually consists of one single extremely high energy/high frequency photon that manifests itself every planck time at lower frequencies? There is actually nothing stopping a photon having a wavelength equal to the planck length. Think photonic harmonics that we see regularly in this hobby alone. And the multiverse doesn't mean each universe is spatially or temporally separate to each other but actually hyperthreaded into reality of many universes combined some of which is in and out of frame.

If people are interested, the total power needed to generate 1 planck photon per planck time is a massive 2.27985746E+53W which goes without saying is a universal amount of power. Or as worked out before, a single photon would hold 12.29GJ of energy. That's a lot of energy being released in a very small amount of time.

Wakrah

Curtis, the one photon universe, is this idea from your own wonderings alone? If you came up with it alone, you are not alone. All electrons are identical.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Curtis, the one photon universe, is this idea from your own wonderings alone? If you came up with it alone, you are not alone. All electrons are identical.

I did actually ponder this alone, and then found the one electron theory afterwards. Pretty cool

It appears my idea is very comparable to the one-electron universe accept I am thinking of photons instead.

Wakrah

Oh, you did write photon, my mind went to a similar idea. I read this in a book too, some years ago. I didn't think of it, but a few such as yourself obviously have. While this is a wild idea, what blows my mind the most is the delayed choice double slit experiment, it's like, no matter how many different ways the story is told about that experiment, I still end up mind blown over the implications. Simulation theory also does some mind blowing too, I can see how it is possible, but regardless, we still need to chop wood and carry water.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well it is very similar. Just wondering that if it could be proven, if it could be a way of proving a multiverse too.

Wakrah

There is a British theorist named Dr. David Deutsch in a video I watched who was demonstrating multiverse theory using laser pointers, you may have seen this video before, I think I posted it once, great video, but the resolution is too low:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
There is a British theorist named Dr. David Deutsch in a video I watched who was demonstrating multiverse theory using laser pointers, you may have seen this video before, I think I posted it once, great video, but the resolution is too low:

I’ll check it out. Thanks 😊

gazer101

Interesting theory; since light experiences no time, once the universe decays entirely into photons it may effectively shrink back to an infinitesimal size and repeat:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
This is just scary. Some of those products are terrible. But that pulsed Nd:YAG could be a steal for those that want a dye laser source.