Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video: Turn your 5mW pointer into a Burning BEAST!

There are always a lot of Noobs out there asking for the process on how to modify a 5mW red laser pointer into a burning laser, and for some reason nobody likes to explain the process to them. I think this video should explain to every noob out there the detailed process of modifying a cheap red laser pointer.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1131203/turn_your_5mw_laser_pointer_into_a_burning_beast

And yes, I put this in the Multimedia section of the forum because I don't think it belongs in the experiments and mods section.

Edit: PLEASE rate it 5 stars for me! The rating is just below 3, and I actually have a chance at making some money off of this video. By rating this video 5 stars you will be supporting a poor laser enthusiast :cool:

chido

Re: Video: Turn your 5mW pointer into a Burning BE

LOL, maybe that'll stop everyone from asking that question. Oh, and I doubt you'll get any money out of that video. ;D

So true, you can't make a burning laser from 5mw.
And the hammer thing... lol, so funny!

Great vid with lots of info  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

chido said:
LOL, maybe that'll stop everyone from asking that question. Oh, and I doubt you'll get any money out of that video. ;D
Hopefully it will stop everybody from asking that question...lol. I don't think I'll make anything off that video either, but there is a rare possibility that in a year I'll get 20,000 hits, and then I will be $100 richer.

iewed

This video should be a sticky in the "Red Lasers" forum.
If you really wanted to mess with people, you could've taken the laser out of the trash all smashed up, had someone you trust hold the burning laser off camera, then press the button on the smashed laser at a match, and have your trusted person use the good laser on the match at the same time to give the illusion that your busted up 5mW just lit a match of fire :D

Switch

LOL that was a good laugh! :D From the moment I saw the title I knew it will be something like this.But the way you edited the video, the way you explained (hit with a hammer CAREFULLY :D, place it in a cylindrical bin LOL) cracked me up ;D I had to watch it twice ;D

haha Good job! :D
I think it should be stickied.

can you upgrade a 5mw laser into a burning laser?

::)

on a side note, im sure alot of people ask how to get the 5mw diode out of the axiz and pound the new one back in. I used a nail punch and a hammer to get it out and a pair of needle nose pliars to pound them back in. Needlenoise pliars you ask? Its hard to explain but just open them slightly and have the arms on eithor side of the diode and have the tip of the pliars hanging over. While holding the grips, take the hammer and hit the tip a few times and voilla :D

haha this is awesome, sadly i believed this would be an overexagerated mod. i actually thought it would somehow burn. but not a BURNING BEAST.

Gazoo

styropyro said:
[quote author=chido link=1204400066/0#1 date=1204402077]LOL, maybe that'll stop everyone from asking that question. Oh, and I doubt you'll get any money out of that video. ;D
Hopefully it will stop everybody from asking that question...lol. I don't think I'll make anything off that video either, but there is a rare possibility that in a year I'll get 20,000 hits, and then I will be $100 richer.[/quote]

;D ;D ;D Is that the module I sent you lighting the matches??? Awesome.

amazing :D im going to try this right now ! ;D

Things

LOL, im sure if you can get that to enough people we will see less and less of those questions here.

The first obstacle will be obtaining a laser pounter.

Switch

mikeeey said:
haha this is awesome, sadly i believed this would be an overexagerated mod. i actually thought it would somehow burn. but not a BURNING BEAST.

I thought it was eighter gonna be something like this or filling the pointer with some chemicals to turn it into a flare lol :p

Btw, it already made 831 views and rating is 3.04.If it keeps it up you'll be 100$ richer in a little over a week :D

Gazoo said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1204400066/0#3 date=1204402882][quote author=chido link=1204400066/0#1 date=1204402077]LOL, maybe that'll stop everyone from asking that question. Oh, and I doubt you'll get any money out of that video. ;D
Hopefully it will stop everybody from asking that question...lol. I don't think I'll make anything off that video either, but there is a rare possibility that in a year I'll get 20,000 hits, and then I will be $100 richer.[/quote]

;D ;D ;D Is that the module I sent you lighting the matches??? Awesome.[/quote]
Yep, if you noticed the match at the very beginning was white, none of my other lasers can light white matches like that!