Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video & pics from a laser show I did for a concert over christmas week

flecom

Flecom, you're telling me there aren't a plethora of WAYY bigger events in Miami just begging for one of the nicest 5W rigs around? IDK.. I can't believe that. I've been to Ultra and a few different clubs in Miami several times and from what I've seen Miami does it BIG in general. Bigger than little old STL for sure..

ya ultra is the child of lasernet... while I would love to dethrone them I don't see it happening any time soon

we dont have any good "normal" size venues for small bands like that (that I am aware of, I have looked)

plus Miami is mostly hip-hop and then electronic for a month per year... not much rock anything happening down here

Things

I've been very lucky and had the opportunity to do a few larger shows, both lasers and just lighting/sound, and they are probably the funnest things I have ever done, they are great :)

Looks like you had a nice setup there.

^ :)

ya ultra is the child of lasernet... while I would love to dethrone them I don't see it happening any time soon

we dont have any good "normal" size venues for small bands like that (that I am aware of, I have looked)

plus Miami is mostly hip-hop and then electronic for a month per year... not much rock anything happening down here

Having been to Ultra, compared to what I see regularly on PL, here on LPF from time to time, and in my shop the lasers were... well, anti-climactic would be an apt term.

There has never been a large full-color system there that I've seen any time I've been, but it's been two years since the last one. You might be able to dethrone them easier than you think. That 5W of yours is pretty badass. Compared to building that it would take squat to throw together a couple 750-1000mW 445nm systems and a couple 300-500mW green systems. Put all five on a stage with the RGB in the middle and you've got a show! ;)

Last edited:
You know what they say...
The bigger the laser, the smaller the... pointer :D

Nevermind, it's an epic laser :kewlpics: