Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video of lasers in fog

Some lasers this morning at 0430.

Favourite being my 1W 405nm from Sci Fi. Shows up very pink/violet in fog. Far more impressive in person.

Thought I would show you guys/gals.

:thanks:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looks like it's working now!
That 405nm is a monster. Thanks for sharing. :D

Gabe

Video wasn't working for me either, but I found your channel and watched it :) You've been blessed with that opportunity to fog, I rarely ever get fog up here. Here's a crude link for anyone else who can't get it working: http://youtu.be/ycZaPM-CYs8

There were extra characters in the YT tags, this should work for everyone.

Good video looks good in the fog.

Alan

Ohh haha sorry :D I must have made the link incorrectly who knows... Glad people can see it now though. yea it really stands out in the fog :) cheers everyone :thanks:

gozert

This makes me want to finally get that 405nm diode so bad. Sadly I've gotta wait a little while until I can order some diodes together to save shipping costs. Great video!

Thanks guys, here is another video with Greens this time a 520nm and a 532nm.

You did it again! The "HHh7fdkfGRg" is the only part that should be between the YT tags. Nice video though. Also please remind everyone you're nowhere near an airport.

Alan

APEX1

Yea I love when it's foggy out lol. There are some very cool videos in this thread..

Ahhh!!! Thanks, I will post links better in future now that I know which characters to include and omit :D sorry! Thank you for letting me know.

Yea, not near a civilian airport. A few miles from a Military base, but their air traffic is obvious at night and I never aim in the direction of the base. I try to be as careful as possible and I tend to lase clear skies, usually directly above me, or with a backstop. I live in a rural area so the sound of a helicopter travels far at night, and I always make sure I listen for tell tale sounds, and try to have a clear line of sight before turning a laser on.

Lasers are just as dangerous as firearms in my mind, I prefer using them with tripods, heard some horror stories about eye damage. One chap on here actually I remember wrecked an eye with a 1W 445nm. Responsible ownership is key to securing a future for out hobby.