Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video of 40 Watt 532nm YAG driven LaserScope

Thought this might be an interesting video for some who may not have come across it on youtube:

I want one, of course :)

Edit: Direct link, I donno why it isn't working in embed: https://youtu.be/B_fDPNXzVQg

Is it working here? I see it but can others?

Good god, such a nice laser and those look like flebay crapola laser glasses, I have some like those that I won't use, I may have thrown them away even, everything looked like a purple smear looking through them.

Seeing that Q switch boost the output is intriguing. I will rep when it lets me. :)

Last edited:
Dam that's a s€xy machine right there! No doubt a labor of love but wow the outcome would be a mind blower. It's crazy how much of a difference that q switch makes, and now after that video, I want a YAG!

I'm working getting the parts together for a 1064nm Q-Switched YAG to produce pulsed 532nm: have a small 2 mJ 1064nm YAG all mirrored up with a passive Q-switch built into it and a KTP crystal for it, only problem is my stuff is over 6,000 miles away from me. Nothing like the power of this thing though.

I'm working getting the parts together for a 1064nm Q-Switched YAG to produce pulsed 532nm: have a small 2 mJ 1064nm YAG all mirrored up with a passive Q-switch built into it and a KTP crystal for it, only problem is my stuff is over 6,000 miles away from me. Nothing like the power of this thing though.

Yeah a little too much power for me but who knows, maybe one day. Building one would be rewarding no doubt, but I'd probably have to get an assembled unit to learn on and then gradually build one piece by piece. I'd love to build something from the ground up, starting with a bare 2'x4' breadboard and then go nuts. Oh the pipe dreams lol :cryyy:

Married? It makes a big difference.

Not this guy! :na: lol The only real battle on that purchase would be between me and my wallet lol.

Currently the biggest problem with me moving forward on a YAG project is the location where I'm living, I don't have the space to store everything properly when im not working on it nor the ability to create a safe area with ample space to work in. :( Otherwise id probably be going at it full steam ahead!:lasergun:

I have seen these go fairly cheap on ebay for a few hundred dollars from time to time, maybe not a Laserscope, but other KTP 532nm YAG driven NL crystal units, just keep a watch for one, eventually you will find one. Edit; I should have said every year or two, time to time can mean anything, I suppose.

Last edited:
I have seen these go fairly cheap on ebay for a few hundred dollars from time to time, maybe not a Laserscope, but other KTP 532nm YAG driven NL crystal units, just keep a watch for one, eventually you will find one. Edit; I should have said every year or two, time to time can mean anything, I suppose.

Definitely will do! If it's a working unit even under $1k wouldn't be too bad. Though with my luck, I would buy something that would need over a grand in parts alone, but damn would it be fun!

Q switched IR lasers are crazy dangerous, you guys are all insane for wanting one. :p

Kind of a necropost

But they're not really all that dangerous, at least not for the experienced hobbyist.

Would I want someone who has no experience with lasers or is just getting into lasers even going near one? Definitely not. But it doesn't take a degree in photonics to understand laser safety and the precautions that need to be employed when operating high-powered lasers, even at this magnitude. I would have no problem with a hobbyist who has in-depth knowledge of the laser process and experience handling higher powered lasers owning and operating one.

I would honestly consider a HeCd more dangerous than a (properly operated) Q-switched Nd:YAG.

EDIT: Any specific reason you've decided to all of a sudden post 6 replies within a matter of minutes of each other on your account that hasn't made a single post for nearly 3 years?

Last edited: