Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Video Added] Is my 520 too dim?

I have never seen such a charger, all Li-Ion should charge to 4.2V. If you get the charger I recommended you can watch the display and not fully charge them if you wanted but there's no reason to do so that I can think of.

Alan

Ok. I'll ask CNI if 8.4V is okay, which if it is would make life so much easier. Anyway, good to know nothing is wrong with my laser :)

-Alex

Under load? Which means that fully charged those things won't destroy my PGL correct? Sorry, new at this whole electrical stuff :)

-Alex

Under load means when they are powering something, like when you turn your laser on. Every battery has its voltage drop when it's powering something and it's higher when it isn't if you were to test it with a DMM, and it drops more as it's drained. There's a reason they call them 3.7V and not 4.2V.

Alan

Under load means when they are powering something, like when you turn your laser on. Every battery has its voltage drop when it's powering something and it's higher when it isn't if you were to test it with a DMM, and it drops more as it's drained. There's a reason they call them 3.7V and not 4.2V.

Alan

Alright cool, so 2 3.7V cells fully charged should be fine to use with the PGL?

-Alex

Alright CNI said they can fix the shutter & sound. They are also willing to pay for shipping charges, should I go ahead & return?

-Alex

Pman

Yes. Too much $ for that to have ANY issues. I would absolutely still get the batteries though. Recommend LEGIT AW IMR.

Yes. Too much $ for that to have ANY issues. I would absolutely still get the batteries though. Recommend LEGIT AW IMR.

I went ahead and bought 2X16340 3.7V rechargables, along with a Netcore charger. Hopefully this fixes the issue!

-Alex

Encap

Yep, I was told anything below 8V is perfectly fine. I'll go ahead & buy 2X16340 3.7V rechargables along with a charger :)

-Alex

Yes 100% just do that, all other issues aside----let them repair or replace at their cost----you should not have to worry about it or fix it for $400 spent. Everything should have been 100% from the beginning.

Last edited: