Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

VETTTECHs CHINA CONNECTION COLLECTION

All my lasers came on the slow boat from China! Perhaps soon, i will do a build if i can ever find the time! Thanks for looking!

IMG_0001_zpsrhjjwmsl.jpg
[/URL]http://[/IMG]

BobMc

Sweet, nice collection you got started there. Building your own brings a whole new dimension to the hobby. If your like most people you'll fall in love with that also. :)

Last edited:

diachi

Man, that's quite the collection! What do you have planned for them?

Sweet, nice collection you got started there. Building your own brings a whole new dimension to the hobby. If your like most people you'll fall in love with that also. :)

I know i will enjoy a build, problem is, i have to many other drone builds and a home arcade machine in the works at the moment! I will get there soon!!! I hope! :whistle:

BobMc

I know i will enjoy a build, problem is, i have to many other drone builds and a home arcade machine in the works at the moment! I will get there soon!!! I hope! :whistle:

Sounds like you've got plenty on your plate, drones can be fun, I've got a friend that really into them. Builds them from scratch. If/when you make your first laser build. Best wishes. :)

You certainly have a collection of Chinese laser pointers. The gatling host, while nice looking in photos are not actually large enough to handle the waste heat produced in anything but lower power pointers. For that reason, anytime you see one with optical powers above 1 watt for diode laser or above 200 mW for DPSS lasers, it is probably not the case. It is better to build your own as you can control the aspects better than these cheaper Chinese pointers do.

CE5

@Vetttech, is the host in your sig pic just a gatling, with the decorative rods removed?
What's the story about the one in your sig pic?

@CES
Yes, that is exactly what that is. I remember him talking about it before, but can't remember the details. I've never had one of these lasers as it is very small when you consider the actual size without the decorative tubes. IIRC, they aren't rods, but tubes that are hollow.

CE5

Cool beans:thanks: At first take I thought it was some sort of custom milled job Ha!
Vetttech, you sly dawg. That thing looks awesome.

CE5

Jeff, :thanks: I tried searching after I first caught a glimpse of it, but no joy.
Thanks again!

Cool beans:thanks: At first take I thought it was some sort of custom milled job Ha!
Vetttech, you sly dawg. That thing looks awesome.

Thanks! I like the look of it with the tubes off! It is my favorite looking host at the moment. Gives it that death ray look! :D

CE5

Here's a link to Vetttech's thread on his gatling gun laser (GATLING STYLE 445nm 1w).

Ya' know when I first searched for it, I did run across that post. But skimmed right by it because the title indicated 'Gatling style' so I didn't even bother to open it because to me gatling = multiple rods/tubes. Lol!

Thanks! I like the look of it with the tubes off! It is my favorite looking host at the moment. Gives it that death ray look! :D

Since I didn't do much lurking or reconnaissance before I decided to register, because to me that sort of detracts from the thrill of discovery.
The first time I caught sight of it was when you welcomed me in my introductory meet & greet post.

The design reminded me of a Vedic Vajra (with the spoked hub of a bike wheel coming in a close second) but I went with the Vajra, because it was mo' better. ;)
So I continued to surf search, and figured that this 'collection' thread may contain more info about it.
And when I opened this thread and took a gander at your collection with the gaggle of gatlings, with your sig pic directly below, I made the 'hey wait just a second' connection. Lol!

And then Paul, and Jeff, stepped up and helped a brother out. I went to the thread that Jeff, linked and well then, all was revealed.
I also noticed that I'm not the only one that was smitten with the design. I think you might be onto something here VT!

I know you refer to it as your 'Alien death ray' host, and myself with the Vajra, first impression.
But now that I have the rest of the story, I feel that perhaps it should be more accurately referred to as 'The Naked Gun' :D

Heck, I'm even thinking of picking up a few of these to start my own Naked Gun, collection too.