Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Veterans .... deep respect

irish303

I noticed that in this forum dedicated to laser enthusiasts and laser accessories, there is also a private "veterans" section ....
I assume these are war veterans ... brave and fearless men and women who fought and fought various wars (Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, etc ) without contempt for the danger ... all respect and esteem goes to THEM!
Being new on this forum, I wanted to have my say! since I am not allowed to access it in that section!

We Irish too have fought and fought our wars, mostly to be able to obtain our much-loved freedom
which is still denied by "England" .... (Irish Republican Army)

GSS

It's a nice thought honoring vets:)
but no the Vets section is for members who have been here for quite some time and I think a minimum post count.
Also members who are in good standing and don't cause issue's and don't post repeatedly to hike up there post count as a example.
It also doesn't mean you have to be well knowledged in lasers. The forum owner Avery I believe has last say as to who can become one I think??.
Just be yourself, stay polite and the time will come. Also doesn't mean you can't disagree with another member and not say what you believe.
There will be conflicts just like in real life;)

Last edited:
^^^THIS^^^ But, you might be able to ask Avery to squeeze you in if you are close to the requirements. It has been done before.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, as explained the veteran section has a slightly different meaning. However, it doesn't hurt to take a second of our time to show some respect to true veterans. (y)

That section is fairly quiet, no posts since June 27, and hardly any posts prior to that lately.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Activity seems to come and go in the vets section.
Speaking of veterans, it seems to have been a while since we've added any new members to our veterans ranks.

Encap

Yes, activity went way down when the new program started.
The end of VBulletin was also the end of many of the reasons the Vets section had become very popular.

irish303

I have read all your answers! they touched my heart, I just noticed that in this laser forum there is also a section dedicated to war heroes and it really struck me and made me happy!
The time will come if God wills it that I will become part of that section! when I deserve it and above all when I am worthy of it!

(for Diachi) : Tiocfaidh ár gcuid ama, deartháir ... mura bhfuil na focail go leor ... bainfimid úsáid as na modhanna a úsáideadh go dtí seo leis na Sasanaigh, go dtí go mbeidh an tsaoirse againn ag troid le bás!

We are all patriots and we all believe in one thing.
I will never forget that movie dedicated to the true story of Chris Kyle (American Sniper) killed by a war veteran while accompanying him on a rehabilitation course. Now tell me how can a war veteran like Chris ... kill a veteran colleague who just tried to help him?

We ask only one thing "freedom" for a fucking thing that every human being should have, isn't it?
Sorry for the bad word. We are always isolated with ourselves, even in the pubs in England there are only us Irish ... and we are always frowned upon by everyone ... we were not even plagued
For years and years we have fought entire battles, but the English are hard of hearing ....
I hope time gives us what we ask for ... otherwise we will ask it the old way! that then nobody gets angry!

Excuse me if I'm very direct in what I say, but I'm like that

irish303

are you sorry? and what? good for you who have a President so attentive to political and social problems!
Read post No. 13 ... and tell me if your President did something and did something ... regardless of who he was at the moment!
We in Ireland would have already opened that veteran in two as a pig, or we would have blown him up!

irish303

The world is changing for the worse .....
Maybe it's running out ... or something's starting ...
Whatever happens or things go, we IRELAND are ready
No fear, no mercy, no second thoughts, aware of not coming back ... (Irish Republican Army)

irish303

I had no doubts ... every person can arouse sympathy, trust, respect ... and every person is the opposite!