Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very cheap lathe!

daguin

Yeah sure. If a student told you that you'd laugh.

Nah. I am a speech teacher, not an English teacher. I "circle" the misspelled words, but I do not take any points off for them (as long as I can figure out what they meant it to be) :whistle:

Peace,
dave

They replied me, but they stated that international orders are only for "in stock" items, no intl orders are possible for "backorder" items ..... ah, well .....

Have you found a decently priced power converter that can handle 150watts?

Thought I would look up the shipping cost just for the heck of it.
Weight: 16 kg, Size (LxWxH): 500x400x310 mm
International Postage Price Calculator: 34lbs 4oz, 20x16x13" (rounded up) to Italy
Shipping would be quite a bit $132.85
Estimated delivery time to Italy 6-10 Days

Since its so heavy it might be good to place it in a bit larger box with extra styrofoam packing in case it gets mishandled.

Wonder if Harbor Freight really is going to get more of these lathes in for $73. Site is down for maintenance at the moment $73 4x5" Micro Lathe.

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Have you found a decently priced power converter that can handle 150watts?

Thought I would look up the shipping cost just for the heck of it.
Weight: 16 kg, Size (LxWxH): 500x400x310 mm
International Postage Price Calculator: 34lbs 4oz, 20x16x13" (rounded up) to Italy
Shipping would be quite a bit $132.85
Estimated delivery time to Italy 6-10 Days

Since its so heavy it might be good to place it in a bit larger box with extra styrofoam packing in case it gets mishandled.

Wonder if Harbor Freight really is going to get more of these lathes in for $73. Site is down for maintenance at the moment $73 4x5" Micro Lathe.

the problem, here in Italy, is that those Sieg C0 lathes are imported and re-branded from Valex, and the prices here for pick-up in store are from 400 to 550 Euro, depending from the store (that means from 510 to 700 $, at the current change :p)

So, also paying 150$ of shipping, for a 75$ of lathe, the price is still more cheap if i buy it from the USA, than from the nearest shop :(

EDIT: actually the old model is discontinued also here, i've seen this now ..... the new model that they sell as "CX150" apparently have also metric threading capability, and a different shape, still 150W and almost the same sizes, and the same prices :p