Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV laser diode <400nm

Let us know if that works for you! Those Coherent Cube 375nm units go for much more new, so the eBay deal may be your best bet. Plus, they rarely pop up on ebay (I've been trying to get one cheap for a while now...) You may even be able to haggle down the seller a bit, the system that I linked to was listed for $100 lower by him not long ago.

Glad you got something that works. Let us know how your experiment goes if you're allowed to share.

Pman

Nice to see so many members jumping in to help with actual purposeful diode uses. Didn't realize those 405nm shifted so much. Find myself more and more irritated by the difference between labeling and actual wavelength. Setting aside pushing a diode past it's data sheet suggested settings I can't help but wonder which diodes have the narrowest specified wavelength range.
Off topic I always wanted to know where you store all those units Ult. I kind of assume they are not all lined up in some big area but kept in boxes and you take one out when you have a hankering for a specific wavelength.

Last edited:

diachi

Nice to see so many members jumping in to help with actual purposeful diode uses. Didn't realize those 405nm shifted so much. Find myself more and more irritated by the difference between labeling and actual wavelength. Setting aside pushing a diode past it's data sheet suggested settings I can't help but wonder which diodes have the narrowest specified wavelength range.
Off topic I always wanted to know where you store all those units Ult. I kind of assume they are not all lined up in some big area but kept in boxes and you take one out when you have a hankering for a specific wavelength.

Keep in mind several of those wavelengths listed are coming from one laser. ;)

Still a lot of equipment though ... :D

EDIT: Looks like eBay came through with a possible solution again! :p

Last edited:

something like that. Most are just stored in my closet, and the large heavy ones are set aside so they don't get kicked or stepped on. And wavelength shift just kinda depends on operating standards. when just pressed into a heatsink, they do get quite rowdy wavelength wise as they have nothing maintaining their temperature and current. with high speed feedback controlled cooling, and very stable current they can be quite stable, with pretty minimal WL deviation. Many applications don't need the wavelength to be super specific, just constant. Every diode is different, and frankly InGaN diodes dont really deviate much if run at their rated temp and electrical characteristics. most diodes period have got a fairly high repeatability nowadays if they're small singlemode diodes. Or if you absolutely must have a particular wavelength and have big $ you can get a DBR diode instead of a DFB diode, where instead of feedback, it uses a bragg grating to lock the wavelength, usually within half an nm.

Last edited:

AngelG

Did you try to get your diode from Nichia's portfolio here: Nichia LASER Diodes
NDU4316 and NDU4116 look like they were made for you. Aren't they obtainable ?

If they give you 100 for $1000, you might even sell some to cover your costs :)

Last edited:
Did you try to get your diode from Nichia's portfolio here: Nichia LASER Diodes
NDU4316 and NDU4116 look like they were made for you. Aren't they obtainable ?

If they give you 100 for $1000, you might even sell some to cover your costs :)

100 x $1000 = $100,000!!!

way over his budget.

and N sell a diode for 3k.

they'll give you $500 per diode off if you buy 10 diodes.

AngelG

@tomfire1735: No, you didn't understand me: 100 for $1000 For ALL :)
Oh, didn't know that Nichia value so high their diodes - when put in BDR206, they don't look so expensive. I think that even $500 for a single diode (knowing that this diode is not unique hand-crafted s**t but serial production) is a robbery.

He could just ask these guys: Combinlasers They claim they have everything.

Last edited: