Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Us to AUS shipping time question.

BobMc

He has the Customs Disclosure label number which can be used to track but is not a paid for service.

Interesting, I didn't know they where different. I still hope they can track it with the label number. It would be a shame to lose such a nice unit.

Going to give them a call on my next off day and see if they can at least tell me what country it is in or if I should fear the worst.

It's early days yet, it still could be on it's way.
I've had items take over a month to arrive from the States, even if it's First Class.
After all, the silly season is approaching.
So there's still hope, it may be delayed.

Having said that, I just had a look at the unit on Google and it may have been spotted by Aussie Customs because it looks like a typical pointer.
Even if it's dismantled it could be unlucky and be spotted by a keen officer.

I have only ever had one item taken by Customs and it was a simple Krypton Groove that Anthony (grainde) had meticulously dismantled and packed separately into two packages.
The first part came, the tail cap, but the laser part was found.
I got a stern letter from them and even though I disputed it because I'm allowed to own lasers because I belong to an Astronomy Society, they stated that I should have put in an exception request prior to it being shipped.

Of course I knew the risks and didn't expect Anthony to issue me a refund but he felt really bad in any case.
He's a top bloke to deal with.

So just be patient Cynical, it still may be making it's way.
If not then Billy will know about it as he'll get a Customs Notice.

Billy if you do, just act dumb and say you wanted it for your Telescope and Astronomy nights (Not astrology :crackup:).

They'll just give you a warning but they'll probably confiscate it.:cryyy:

Good Luck, both of you.

RB

Just thought I would update still no sign of this Sanwu laser no letter so not sure what has happened, if customs have seized it could be a while before I get a letter, been hoping it will pop up at my front door but still nothing!

Alright. I will call USPS thursday and see if they can give me any info to go on. I really hope it isn't lost somewhere or stuck in dreaded customs.

Tried calling twice, their automated system is useless and won't let me get through to a person. I have submitted a lost mail inquiry through their site and should get a response through that in the next day or two.

If Aussie Customs have seized it then Billy will get notification from them in a little while.

:cryyy:

I'm hoping that is not the case. It was disassembled as well as the contacts on the module being covered in a piece of Electrical tape cut to perfectly fit on just incase they opened and reassembled on top of it all being bundled up beyond what I would want to unwrap. I'm hoping it is just getting delayed for some reason. Customs is undeserving of something so nice. Never in my life have I had a package take so long even from china via rowboat.

Last edited:
I'm hoping it wasn't seized either, it's painful when that happens.
I honestly thought my unit was lost or delayed and Anthony (Grainde) had dismantled it into two packs and wrapped them up so well too.
The thing is that I think they x-ray or scan the packages so no need to open up the wrapping. :thinking:

Anyway here's hoping it will arrive soon.

:beer:

Update!
I had a box sitting in front of my screen door when I got home this morning, just after posting your 488 Andrew!

And in the box guess what? Yep the sanwu, Inside that box was another smaller box and then took me 10min to unwrap all the electrical tape on all 3 pieces. Very nicely done bro that’s exactly how I would have done it, Put it all together and while adjusting beam to infinity I noticed podo,s lasers have a glass waterproof lens in front of the G7 I assume! Nice touch they are built very well screw in the module with diode and bat contact board a nice complete module add battery and Bob,s your uncle! Did a quick LPM with nearest battery lying around, Very nice, Power and diode wasnt my priority with this laser eventually I’ll be swapping them out but for now,

Very happy Bradd no need to stress anymore all good, All the wrapping surly helped here get through our shifty customs inspectors, Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• L3ek0Da.jpg
    L3ek0Da.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 24
  • thkJVlL.jpg
    thkJVlL.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 28
Very glad to hear it finally got to you. Yep, that one has a G7 in it as beam specs take priority for me. I wrapped that thing tight enough to ensure I would now want to unwrap it. Figured that would deter any nosy customs agents doing random checks. Now I can quit losing sleep wondering where this unit is.
The quality on those Sanwu units is definitely something to behold for non-custom lasers.
Will be interesting to see what you do to it.

Encap

Very glad to hear it finally got to you. Yep, that one has a G7 in it as beam specs take priority for me. I wrapped that thing tight enough to ensure I would now want to unwrap it. Figured that would deter any nosy customs agents doing random checks. Now I can quit losing sleep wondering where this unit is.
The quality on those Sanwu units is definitely something to behold for non-custom lasers.
Will be interesting to see what you do to it.
Good news.

US Postal Sevice motto "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" is true it seems.

diachi

I'm hoping it wasn't seized either, it's painful when that happens.
I honestly thought my unit was lost or delayed and Anthony (Grainde) had dismantled it into two packs and wrapped them up so well too.
The thing is that I think they x-ray or scan the packages so no need to open up the wrapping. :thinking:

Anyway here's hoping it will arrive soon.

:beer:

Would be rather ambiguous looking at something like that with an X-ray machine to be fair, there's a bunch of stuff that could look like a bunch of round metal components in a box. :p

That said, bloody customs! *Shakes fist*

Update!
I had a box sitting in front of my screen door when I got home this morning, just after posting your 488 Andrew!

And in the box guess what? Yep the sanwu, Inside that box was another smaller box and then took me 10min to unwrap all the electrical tape on all 3 pieces. Very nicely done bro that’s exactly how I would have done it, Put it all together and while adjusting beam to infinity I noticed podo,s lasers have a glass waterproof lens in front of the G7 I assume! Nice touch they are built very well screw in the module with diode and bat contact board a nice complete module add battery and Bob,s your uncle! Did a quick LPM with nearest battery lying around, Very nice, Power and diode wasnt my priority with this laser eventually I’ll be swapping them out but for now,

Very happy Bradd no need to stress anymore all good, All the wrapping surly helped here get through our shifty customs inspectors, Thanks again guys!

Very nice! Good to see it showed up for you eventually. Looks like a nice unit! Enjoy! :beer:

You can say that again, I was blown away when my first Pocket Series from Sanwu arrived. Couldn't even see the seams between the battery cap/focus ring. Lovely finish on those, solid build. Only complaint I have with my two units is that the power isn't quite as advertised, I'm guessing they rate them with a G2 or G7 (or perhaps without a lens?) rather than the standard lens option which I believe is a 3 element.

Last edited:
Oh fantastic mate, what a relief.
Thank God it made it.
Awesome stuff both of you.
Hey Billy sounds like Brad wrapped everything up so secure.
Just like you do buddy.
Well done both of you.
RB

Only complaint I have with my two units is that the power isn't quite as advertised said:
Noticed this, not sure what this particular laser was advertised as but I’m going to assume it’s a BDR209. It’s definitely a 3.8mm, very noticeable soft start witch is fine but I would expect 800mw + out of these 16X diodes, This my first G7 could it have 150mw + loss compared to the G2, Maybe not sure!

Nothing major to be concerned about though I’ll be combing this BDR with another I have here for a planned 1.5w. 405 build after I finish a few other projects!