Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

URGENT (to me) question

TylerB

Hi guys i just received a laser in the mail yesterday it is a 2 Watt 445nm laser in 501B casing and i also got two Ultrafire 18350 1200mAh 3.7V batteries with it along with a charger. One run through these batteries and now they wont charge or work anymore. I am hopeful that the batteries are the issue and its not something with the laser. The charger indicates green implying the batteries are good to go. Yes the batteries are in the right way. so my question is are there any batteries that are better or that i can buy local to get back to using my laser. I live in Minnesota USA.

edit: i dont know near enough about any of this....are these the only batteries the laser will work with? or are there different ones?

Last edited:

CR123As will work in a pinch. They're expensive, but many stores carry them.

Ultrafire is known to be garbage, but they'll last more than one charge. Sounds like either your charger is dead, or your laser is draining your cells too far. You're just going to run into this problem again unless you've got a multimeter to troubleshoot this.

SN P

dont 501b hosts use only 16340 batteries?

i dont know near enough about any of this....are these the only batteries the laser will work with? or are there different ones?

501b hosts use 2x 16340, 2x 18350 or 1x 18650

are there any batteries that are better or that i can buy local to get back to using my laser. I live in Minnesota USA.

Efest are good batteries, can be bought from eBay, Amazon, etc

Last edited:
I bet you its one of those CHEAP Chinese chargers that turns green when it is charger and red when they are done....... Do you have a DMM to test the batteries? If so bet you they are below 3.2V so drop them in the charger for 3 hours (dont worry if its green) then try them

TylerB

CR123As will work in a pinch. They're expensive, but many stores carry them.

Ultrafire is known to be garbage, but they'll last more than one charge. Sounds like either your charger is dead, or your laser is draining your cells too far. You're just going to run into this problem again unless you've got a multimeter to troubleshoot this.

Thanks Cyparagon i bought some C 123 3 volt lithium Energizer from Mills Fleet Farm and the laser is working great so far...

I bet you its one of those CHEAP Chinese chargers that turns green when it is charger and red when they are done....... Do you have a DMM to test the batteries? If so bet you they are below 3.2V so drop them in the charger for 3 hours (dont worry if its green) then try them

Yea, its one of the cheap chinese charger. Right away when i put them on the charger it was red but then unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was green. Neither time did the batteries work in the laser and i left it on for 8 hours and still nothing...unfortunately i dont have a battery tester yet.

Check the voltage on the batteries and tell us what it is.

Sadly dont have one or i would love to check...

tyler get yourself an intellecharger they are pretty cheap on ebay nowadays >$20 iirc

Hi guys i just received a laser in the mail yesterday it is a 2 Watt 445nm laser in 501B casing and i also got two Ultrafire 18350 1200mAh 3.7V batteries with it along with a charger. One run through these batteries and now they wont charge or work anymore. I am hopeful that the batteries are the issue and its not something with the laser. The charger indicates green implying the batteries are good to go. Yes the batteries are in the right way. so my question is are there any batteries that are better or that i can buy local to get back to using my laser. I live in Minnesota USA.

edit: i dont know near enough about any of this....are these the only batteries the laser will work with? or are there different ones?
Hey guy, I bought a new laser and needed additional batteries; I only buy ultrafire. They are very inexpensive on amazon.com
Are you sure it's a battery issue?

I bet its the charger it dont even work properly i say the batteries are fine.

Last edited:
Hey guy, I bought a new laser and needed additional batteries; I only buy ultrafire. They are very inexpensive on amazon.com
Are you sure it's a battery issue?

Hey guy, ultrafire also suck amd have tendencies to be overstated, double celled, fakes of fakes and all around junk. Many have died randomly or worst, exploded/caught fire. Please dont recommend crappy products just because they are cheap or you cant afford quality items. Not worth putting someone else in danger just because you have them.

Later guy

Thanks for the advice. Why not make a recommendation for the type of battery that you like?

I already have made recommendations plenty of times, have a sticky with this info in it and a separate thread about how ultrafire batteires are junk with many peoples stories and photos. Everyone should have read atleast the sticky if they followed the site rules..........

Times like these its clear who reads and who just igbores the sign up rules