Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*Updated 5-28* styropyro's Liquidation Sale

Rivem

Re: styropyro's Liquidation Sale

I'm interested in the CO2 if your buyer doesn't come through. Definitely intrested in some 473nm lasers as well.

On the side, how the heck did you find a ruby rod that big for that cheap on eBay? PM me your secrets.:bowdown:

I would totally buy that Er:YAG if I wasn't already committed to another project. :(

Good luck with the sales!

OVNI

That spartan went crazy fast.

NPj69bQm.jpg

Pman

You can store whatever you want at my house;)

You can store whatever you want at my house;)

Be careful what you wish for, my parents said the same thing and now their house has been transformed into a laser/chem lab. :D

I'll get moar lazors posted today...

Rivem

Do you have anything else to post?

OVNI

Got Styro's 589nm Spartan. Very nice. I've read these are DPSS and elsewhere they're direct diode. Anyone know for sure? Did they make both? This one was bought last summer I think.

Rivem

Got Styro's 589nm Spartan. Very nice. I've read these are DPSS and elsewhere they're direct diode. Anyone know for sure? Did they make both? This one was bought last summer I think.

They are absolutely 100% DPSS. A direct diode would be nice, but technology hasn't made it yet. Every laser "diode" within the ~110nm gap between 525nm and 633nm is pretty much only going to be seen in DPSS or an exotic diode design in a non-portable package.

Last edited:

OVNI

Cool. Does DL put IR filters in then? I'd like to get a proper set of goggles, even if it's only 50mW.

They are absolutely 100% DPSS. A direct diode would be nice, but technology hasn't made it yet. Every laser "diode" within the ~110nm gap between 525nm and 633nm is pretty much only going to be seen in DPSS or an exotic diode design in a non-portable package.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Cool. Does DL put IR filters in then? I'd like to get a proper set of goggles, even if it's only 50mW.

OVNI, take a look at this thread Here, showing Survival Lasers safety goggles for 589nm wavelength, IIRC, these replace an older model that did not cover 589nm as well.
These seem to do a very good job! :)

Last edited:

Pman

Congrats on your 589nm. Wondering who is going to stop selling them next. Would really like a 594 that strong but the cost would be really high. Actually I wonder how strong someone makes a 594 in a handheld.