Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UPDATE! The four lovely ladies. MS V3 SET COMPLETE. (pic heavy)

Re: The four lovely ladies. MS V3 SET!

Whoa, I have 6 more hosts than you do! Not fair!

Tmack

"common" the same 4 as I do of course. Jk though obviously. Plus those yellow and orange are going to be a long time from now. I'd like to have 1.5w 445nm, 500mw 638nm, 500mw 405nm, and 200mw 532/520nm. That would make a nice moderate strength collection. I would like even less on the 445nm but I have a 1.8a driver I need to use

My 635 Mits is doing 500mW with a stock lens. 850mA so it will never die unless I chuck it at a wall :D I am not after pushing diodes to the max to get the max strength. I've just been super lucky and got crazy diodes. two 1.8A M140s doing 2.16W and 2.65W (sold the 2.16W but the 2.65W will stay with me FOREVER!)

Tmack

Same with the mitsu above. At a fresh cold start it's 510mw. I usually stick to the recommended current for a good balance of power and longevity. I have my monsters (a few really) so now I'd like to have some nice long lasting beauties. I was thinking about toning the 445nm down to 1.25a, but it's OK. I'll live :p

Who knows, the M140 might be a freak :D

Tmack

If so I have a c11 for it, and I'll be able to go 1w in the v3. My c11 is getting lonely.

Tmack

Will have pictures of the other two tonight! As long as everything goes smoothly. :D

What do you guys think of a set with the copper pen hosts that are being pre-sold. One would be 2cells for a 9mm(that would be the center of the collection) and three single cells for the r, g, and v

My RGBV set is going to be Kryton Groove's. Just picked up another Groove last night :( THE ADDICTION CONTINUES. IMO we will have the two nicest RGBV sets :beer:

Tmack

I saw you snagged that. I just grabbed 5 of the copper pens to build another set :D
And I have to agree. I need to make mine cosmetically distinguishable like yours

Yeah I snagged the M140 originally and fell in love with the marble and knew from that point on, this is my theme! You had the red host for sale and I was like, this is meant to be! Grabbed two plain ones and now just getting anodizing quotes. Mike did a few samples for me so hopefully I get those photos tonight and they look good. If so then hopefully end of next week I'll have all the hosts ready to go! That C6 case needs new foam so I can rearrange it with my larger collection :D

IMG_0994-vi.jpg

Maybe do something cool with fading. Make one of the colors in the same spot on every host the diode color

Last edited:

Tmack

Damn that pic didnt show up on my phone. That's sick!!

Well the ladies are finished. Now they need a case.

Updated op with pics.

Last edited:
Shows on my phone, you must own one of those junky iphones :na:

Yes that flashlight is a beauty. You can also hydro dip them but I forget if the v3 has a removable pill or if you'd have to take it apart. Well you would anyways with coating unless they could seal off the diode for you

Tmack

The pill comes right out. Would be super easy to send off the exterior and just shelf the diodes for the moment. Might just have to do that.

That's if I don't sell them first! Need money for all those copper pens I just bought!!! Haha

Omg your nuts. If you do want to sell them then let me know. Might as well keep funding your projects :crackup:

Tmack

Probably let them go for like $450. That's pretty fair huh? That's actually cheaper than all the parts haha.

Last edited: