Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

UPDATE ON PAGE 1 - Help me name my laser site?

rog8811

Re: Help me name my laser site?

:)

Attachments

EricJ2190

Awesome! If you do create a site, I would probably buy from it. Also, if you need any help setting up the website, I would be willing to help. I may be pretty new to the hobby of lasers, but I have experience with websites and domain names.

For the name suggestions:
pnlasers.com
pseudonomen137.com
lasers137.com
laser137.com
underspec.com
litelasers.com

millawattlasers.com
wattlasers.com

H

High_Octane

BigMoFOLasers.com
KillerLasers.com
BestLasers.com
yourboundtolooseaneyewiththese.com
BeyondWickedLasrs.com
WoundHealingLasers.com
TestedAndTruemwLasers.com
TriedandTrueLasers.com
FLashBlindaFriendlasers.com
BlazingLasers.com
pseudonomen137AnswerMyPM.com ;D

Thanks for all the suggestions. So far I'm leaning towards Morepower's 'a1lasers' suggestion. There have been a lot of creative names that would make for a good information website, but I'm looking for something I could use like a company name. That said, I'll leave this open a little longer to see if any new suggestions appeal to me.

Also, does anyone know a good service to host this through? I'm looking for a the cheapest reliable host that offers shopping cart/checkout features for accepting paypal and perhaps would allow me to do things like: accept credit cards directly, change price based on quantity, subscribe/send out e-mail newsletters, etc.  Any ideas?

PS: For anyone wondering what I may be offering on the site, first off I'll be trying to sell some of the lesser-used parts of my laser collection, but I may also add things like the IR or green pen lasers, wall-powered blu-ray modules, and perhaps an RPL or two someday. One thing I will be doing for sure though is offering inexpensive squares of diffraction grating film for those who don't want to be paying $10+ apiece for glass gratings or some of the plain rip-off deals.

abadcaffeinetrip said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1190115374/15#25 date=1190148496]
Also, does anyone know a good service to host this through? I'm looking for a the cheapest reliable host that offers shopping cart/checkout features for accepting paypal and perhaps would allow me to do things like: accept credit cards directly, change price based on quantity, subscribe/send out e-mail newsletters, etc.  Any ideas?
Well, avoid PowWeb.  I asked the same question and got some helpful hints here:  http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1189459309
[/quote]

Hm. Well I already have two web hosts, but I'm looking to find one intended for online retail. Kinda like yahoo shopping, except if it didn't totally suck!

H

High_Octane

Glad you noticed, I would think its a must.

If you read my PM I sent you It answers a few of your questions.

If you need any help Building, suggestion or Ideas on the site. I would be more that happy to help ya out.
www.wagnertech.net Using Joomla
www.moparpartsales.com using ZenCart
Both on a HostMonster server, Both easy to setup, modify and make your life easier.

Joomla will allow you to have a Blog, Store, Photo Gallery, Forum and more, in an easy to use format... and BOTH are FREE!
I have tried many others and I like Joomla the best.
I have been setting up, building and modifying Web Sites & Forums for years, for myself and others.

Marvin

blindedbythelight

try falconconcepts.net Joomla's included... :cool:

sc_bond

laserking.com

If you need any help making the site then I'm up for it, just PM me.

RobTheVIP

I thought you would like TestedLasers.com because you test your lasers :D