Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Unbreakable phone fail...

Reporter breaks an 'unbreakable' mobile phone at CES

BBC News - Reporter breaks an 'unbreakable' mobile phone at CES

This one made me LOL pretty hard. Feel bad for the guy though, probably a small start-up company with a lot (also personal) of cash riding on the success of the phone.

But still...HAHAHA, worst scenario possible for them. :crackup:

(Murphy is always lurking :D)

D

Deleted member 8382

LOL, if you find a way to break it they give you it for free? They can't be serious on that, I'm sure there are a thousand of ways to do so, just some easy examples:

fire, acids, crashes, big lasers (lol)....

Dusty

haha...classic!:crackup::crackup:

The reporters face when he realises he has broken it made me laugh...:D

an 'unbreakable' phone is a pretty bold claim to make though...

Hallucynogenyc - you're right, there must be loads of ways, microwaves and EMP would surly finish it also...:thinking:

D

Deleted member 8382

so, are they serious about giving you a free phone if you brake it?

haha...classic!:crackup::crackup:

The reporters face when he realises he has broken it made me laugh...:D

an 'unbreakable' phone is a pretty bold claim to make though...

Hallucynogenyc - you're right, there must be loads of ways, microwaves and EMP would surly finish it also...:thinking:

Oh yeah, but microwaves and other EMF of sufficient power can destroy pretty much anything without good metal shielding, something that would be pretty tough to implement in the phone. :beer:

I think they are referring to the phone being physically unbreakable...then again, that obviously isn't the case. :D

Dusty

Oh yeah, but microwaves and other EMF of sufficient power can destroy pretty much anything without good metal shielding, something that would be pretty tough to implement in the phone. :beer:

I think they are referring to the phone being physically unbreakable...then again, that obviously isn't the case. :D

yeh I guess so, but they did say unbreakable, lol...;) i mean suppose you accidently dropped it in your soup before putting it in the microwave, could happen, lol...:D

I do feel kind of bad for the guy whoes phone it was though, not gonna be good for business

I think it broke because he was hammering away on the screen - the weakest part. Most accidents involve it dropping on a corner and it is very unlikely the screen itself will ever hit anything. A 10 story fall is stretching it.

LOL, if you find a way to break it they give you it for free? They can't be serious on that, I'm sure there are a thousand of ways to do so, just some easy examples:

fire, acids, crashes, big lasers (lol)....

lawl - I'm pretty sure they mean realistic accident-related breakages. Acids don't work well on rubber or plastic anyway. And most citizens don't have large lasers.

well... I'm sure the phone is more durable than any other phone on the market today.....

D

Deleted member 8382

who knows, shock-resistant doesn't mean time-resistant. I had a shock resistant watch that lasted some months only.

I guess this phone will work great for people working at factories and so...

That phone looks like a POS. Reminds me of an old Nextel brick. They couldnt give it to me.

That phone looks like a POS. Reminds me of an old Nextel brick. They couldnt give it to me.

Haha agreed, but if it was actually as rugged as advertised I would love one for snowboarding and downhill biking. "indestructible" phones can be quite useful...when they are actually tougher than a normal Nokia..

But I think their worst claim is the fact that they say that you can hammer a nail into it and nothing would happen. That's virtually the easiest way to break it, and I'm sure that with some hits it'd be done :)