Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultrafire U-501B Host

OMG your laser can predict the future!!! Its says that this year is 2011 and next year is 2012 the end of the world!!! That is a very smart laser indeed. haha
Are you feeling alright? No foreign un-named substances in your bloodstream?

Do you understand the concept of a constructive and thought out message worth posting AND reading on a public message forum?

If a guy wanted to build a U-501B host with a 400mw, or greater green laser. What could you suggest as possible kits, or sources of parts?

DTR

The hard part of doing >150mW green builds is finding the actual components for it. Nobody sells 'green modules' that will do more than that. About the only way I know to get over 150mW reliably would be either buy a module from CNI (EXPENSIVE) or order one of the 400mW lasers from o-like or lazerer and gut them for the modules.

And if I had to do again, which I do actually, since I still have another one of these hosts, I could make it pretty much externally identical to DTR's 445 build here. I learned a lot about shortening 532nm modules from cramming them in MXDL 1xAAA hosts heh.

Blord

I learned a lot about shortening 532nm modules from cramming them in MXDL 1xAAA hosts heh.

I know what you mean :D
I once hit the module with the battery negative host while it was on. The diode instantly flash and died. I made a green laser in a C6 host. This host is very suitable because het host is anodize inside. No problem with the positive module and negative host.

Last edited:
Not shorting.. Shortening.. To make shorter.. I.e.. not as long.

DTR

Lots of members here can make heatsinks for them. Also if you search for a host called a SKYRAY S-R5 as it is pretty much the same as this one.;)

i actually found one that i really like (it is the full flashlight) at Ultrafire WF-503C Cree R2-WC 5-Mode 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Assault Crown (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

but i did find the full flashlight of the one that you used as well.. at least it seems to be.

here's the link for that one.
UltraFire M5 CREE-MC-E 3-Mode 700-Lumen Warm White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

still not sure which one i want to use though.. is there anything i should consider in choosing a host other than battery type, size, and how it looks?

i actually found one that i really like (it is the full flashlight) at Ultrafire WF-503C Cree R2-WC 5-Mode 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Assault Crown (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

but i did find the full flashlight of the one that you used as well.. at least it seems to be.

here's the link for that one.
UltraFire M5 CREE-MC-E 3-Mode 700-Lumen Warm White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

still not sure which one i want to use though.. is there anything i should consider in choosing a host other than battery type, size, and how it looks?

Those factors are all that anyone would probably look for in a host... except for functionality of course...

Also, note that there are also places where you can buy hosts designed for lasers (although those are the hosts that are commonly found on finished lasers). Here is an example:
Focusing Laser Host - Red or Blu-ray Lasers - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop
You can also find similar items at almost all online laser shops and ebay.
Of course, I am not saying that these are the best option for you or that these are better.

Thanks for the info!
to start off i think i might just do something pretty similar to something i see around on the forum. I don't want to run into any unforeseen complications. Only problem I'll have now is getting the money to pay for it all ;)