Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultrafire 18650 fakes.

Just testing the ultrafire 18650s I got with my Artic on ebay and they all say 4200mAh.
Am i right in thinking that Ultrafire do not make anything above 3000mAh?
Ive had a few that have given decent full power run times at 10 to 15 minutes. But a lot are just plain crap and give maybe 10 to 15 seconds.
I did pick up a sony cell from my local vape shop and that beast gave nearly 40 minutes run time.

More like 300mAh very bad batteries i was charging one it got so hot i throw it our of the window on the snow i was thinking it will explode so all i have now is Aw's and 2 other batteries using protection for the low power laser :rolleyes:

Aye I'm never leaving these charging unattended. Even in my Good charger with all the fancy protection.
I think i'll narrow down the good ones chuck the rest and gradually replace them with better cells as money permits.

I thing it happen because i doped the batteries two and after 24h i toke the batterer back in the house for surgery so i toke it a part and i found one more batterie inside the batterie only smaller and it was touching the contacts strange battery in a battery, i never posted it in the forum was thinking many will not believe me hehe

Yep been discussed many times before.
This is one I posted a while back in this thread:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/w...-ever-buy-ultrafire-after-seeing-87108-2.html

RB astro said:
This morning I went to charge my 18650 batteries and one wouldn't take charge.
After reading this thread again I decided to open it up and found this !
Needless to say I'll be replacing them with quality brand names.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Andrew

Ultra-Fire-1.jpg

Ultra-Fire-2.jpg

These two threads cover it pretty good: http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/fake-ultrafire-18650-s-72833.html and again http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/warning-see-if-you-will-ever-buy-ultrafire-after-seeing-87108.html someone tested some Ultrafire and they were less than 1/3rd the mAh printed on the battery, I think some are less than 1/4th. I would like someone to also cut open some of those blue ones with no brand name as they are the cheapest and the worst, I have some and they last a few minutes.

Alan

I personally don't trust UltraFires since they don't have a direct site where you can reliably get real ones.

I stick to my two 3000 mah LG HG2.

joeyss

I bight a ultrafire grey 2..1 ah from battery junictriction usa shipper back in high school and it still holds up in my lasers that take one wouldn't buy any fire in the name anymore.

they'll give you a fire alright.

Pman

Please be EXTREMELY careful when taking apart a lithium cell. VERY easy to short and if ANY drop of water hits that lithium good luck putting it out. If nothing else do it outside away from any flammable materials and wear safety glasses and gloves if you have them. I have first hand experience with how dangerous lithium can be.

Those chinese 18650 are crap. I would stick to Sanyo or Panasonic (only if they are real)

I don't trust any brand with the word "fire" in it these days.
LG HG2's are the one of the, if not best batteries there is.

joeyss

Please be EXTREMELY careful when taking apart a lithium cell. VERY easy to short and if ANY drop of water hits that lithium good luck putting it out. If nothing else do it outside away from any flammable materials and wear safety glasses and gloves if you have them. I have first hand experience with how dangerous lithium can be.
they get warm with air and react with o2. I know1.5v primaries do from what i read since ppl use them to make meth and i read a guiude and it said that.

do it someplace outside with sand. Personlly i wouldn't do it.