Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultimate DIY Projector Reference

vk2fro

Hey Dan nice work so far - dont forget 1/2 waveplates can simplify combining lasers with same polarizations allowing for all the lasers in the set to have identical beam geometries instead of having half rotated 90° :)

This is especially true for lab lasers, where it would otherwise be required to mount one laser on its side. (or buy two same lasers, one polarized vertically, and another horizontally)

As for the DACS, sure.

Ishow: really crappy dac thats hard to get working on windows 7, and will NOT impress you with its stock software. Works better with alternatives like spaghetti or LSX :p

I didnt see the framestreamer express 2.0 mentioned - it also works with LSX, spaghetti, pirated mamba and something else (HE laserscan I think)

Last edited:

Things

Hey Dan nice work so far - dont forget 1/2 waveplates can simplify combining lasers with same polarizations allowing for all the lasers in the set to have identical beam geometries instead of having half rotated 90° :)

Hehe yes, I can add a section for waveplates too :)

vk2fro

I edited my post after you replied - it appears the frame streamer is mentioned. I've included in my previous post what it works with (although you might not want to mention mamba LOL)

Thank you thank you thank you for making this! This is a huge contribution! I've been looking for something like this!

-Tyler

Things

Hey guys, have decided to turn this into a small wiki to make it a bit easier to maintain. Having that said, I've had interest from a few people regarding being able to contribute. By default you can't edit the wiki, so create an account on there and let me know and I'll change your permissions :)

ARG

I just created an account on the wiki - I'd love to contribute to a scanner guide :D

Things

That is the main page, yes. You should be able to click on "Recent changes" on the side to see what pages we've already transferred. Eventually I'll put a table of contents on the main page :)

awesome just read some of vk2fro's contributions can i say :thanks: for the explanation of a waveplate i was SOO confused +1

one for you too things :beer:

Last edited:

Things

Done a fair bit of work on it today, organizing/creating pages, putting a big list of pages on the main page etc.

@ElektroFreak, I have activated your account also so you can edit :)

Anyone else that wants to help out, just create an account and let me know in here :)

I have created a "post your projector" page also. If you don't think you have anything useful to contribute to the wiki, maybe you can help out by posting some details and a few pics etc about your projector. Hopefully we can get a bit of a database of projectors going there, then beginners can refer to that for things like beam table layout etc :)

Last edited: