Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK GGW are in!

Morgan

Hi All,

After a lot of rather irritating dealings with Paypal...

I've finally got some GGW-H20L, (x6), sleds in and can now offer them for sale in the UK.

Prices start at £32, [edited 14th March 2010], including standard postage.

Also, SW-AF210 £24 (added 14th March 2010)
and, LOCs £6 (added 14th March 2010)

If you're interested then drop me a PM. (I'm not always able to check my mail on a daily basis but I will get back to you!).

[edit] First one sold to Jaycey is running at 180mA, (Jaycey tells me), and is doing well. All the diodes can be tested to 100mA, and/or extracted, but this is charged for as it is time consuming. (Small consulation for a, 'gauranteed working', diode. Photos will be available of the tests if required. Ones that have been tested have all passed and are consistently drawing 100mA at 5.2-5.4V.),

This is the first time I'm selling so we'll see how we go. [edit] (Any feedback to improve this post is welcome!)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks all,

Morgan
:)

[EDITED 12th Feb 10] Okay, so it was a while back when I first offered these and those that have bought seem happy with the service, (please read below), so I'm adding a couple of refinements...

I can now offer the GGW diodes, (LCC or BR), pre-installed in an Aixiz module!
This will cost extra I'm afraid, but for obvious reasons. I've installed many diodes and never lost one due to the installation process. (Killed a few after that mind! :D :crackup: but that's the nature of the beast eh!) So, if you're looking for the hassle of harvesting to vanish then I'll do that bit for you too!

As before, PM me if you'd like a price. And...

... Happy building!

Regards,

M

Last edited:

jaycey

Received my sled today, superfast postage already harvested and put into a DIY Build.

Many Thanks Morgan, its great to have someone selling these in the UK.
Peace of mind assured!

+rep

Jason

Morgan

Thanks Jason,

Glad to hear all is good with your purchase. (PM'd you prior to reading this so gotcha on the reps!:thanks:)

Any further help I can be then let me know.

Just as an add on; I have got a few harvested PHRs and LOCs if you ever have the need.

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Regards,

M:)

Morgan

:bumpit:

Just keeping the thread current.

Sorry for the bump...

M

Hi, thanks for the PM. Sadly, I don't think I can buy one of these at the moment, sorry. I've already got a GGW sled, that I've been trying to find the time to put into a nice host for ages. Next time I'm looking to buy one, I'll be sure to ask, however :)

Charlie

Morgan

Thanks Charlie,

I'll have one when you're ready.

It's a question of letting people know they can get them in the UK. I can understand wariness as I'm a new seller but it'll just take a bit of time to gain buyer confidence. I took a bit of a punt getting a few in so that stock would be available rather than going the GB route.

Anyway, thanks for your interest and let anyone you know in the UK where to find them.

Regards,

M

(post 200! 'rray!)

Morgan

:bumpit:
2nd Bump!

Anyone interested in the UK?

I can't beleive it's a total no!

Thanks,

Morgan

Hi Morgan.

Seems like you got the same problem like me.
I tried to do a GB for them at 64$ shipped.

At current exchange rate your offer is 69$ which is a bit pricy considering that scopeguys selling his ggw for 50$ untested + shipping which should be around 5$.

I would love to buy one off of you but.... you know...

Have you asked around in some other forums like those ones espacially for projectors?
There might be interest as well.

-Stephan

Morgan

Thanks Stephan,

I appreciate your response, you make some good points. It is difficult, however, to competetively price against a group buy of 100 units. The ball has to start rolling somewhere and unfortunately with any venture, it usually starts off expensive but rapidly comes down. This was never a profiteering exercise; just one to put in place a source for our raw materials closer to home. I think the thing that should be remembered is; that these sleds are already here, (no international shipping and the risks involved); are received in 2 days, or less; the knowledge that I'm a UK resident too, so any issues can be resolved quickly. It took me some time to sort this deal and considering the relatively small numbers involved in this initial order, I think it's fair. The more that get moved, the better it can get.

As to moving them through other sites. Yes, I had thought about that but LPF is my home site and I don't really want to go hunting for a sale elsewhere. I've got them, and will use them eventually, but thought there might have been more interest.

If anyone is interested but it's merely a pricing issue then they can always make me an offer of course. I never said I wouldn't negotiate but there just isn't very far to move unless we start talking multiple buys. This is why I have not offered outside the UK as inclusive shipping further afield just isn't an option.

I'm hoping that now people have seen this thread popping up a few times then they know where to come when the time is right. Besides, any more bumps and I'm gonna start getting on people's nerves and end up being accused of... :horse:
... and nobody wants that!

I'll leave it for a while and see what happens.

Thanks again,

M

Dusty

Hey, I may well be interested in getting one of these sleds closer to christmas, possibly just after. I just thought I would show some interest now...:yh:
Do you still have several of these to sell?

jeffd

I would put a link in your signature so more people will see this thread!

Morgan

That's a great idea jeffd, think you'll see that addition soon.

Interest is slowly coming in so as I get more organised general admin will improve I think!

Thanks again,

M

Morgan

PM received... and answered! :)

In the post today Dusty...

PM Sent...:)

M

Dusty

Got my items in the post this morning, and as they were only sent yesturday I consider that to be excellent service...Thanks Morgan :D

Got the complete GGW sled and PHR diodes included, and it was very nice not to have to wait a week for delivery :yh:

You should definatly include the diode extraction and module service that you mentioned in your sales thread as I think some people would really go for that..:beer:

Thanks again for the quick and easy transaction,

Dusty