Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Two on their way. 😊

BobMc

:D Being in California, you are going to want your ceiling fans. ;) :crackup:

LOL, :crackup: LOL , you just made my morning Curtis. Thanks heeee :)

And yes, I'm going to need my ceiling fan. I spend way to much money on lasers to want to buy a new one. :)

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Doesn't everyone on here spend too much on lasers! :D
Anyway, I'm glad I made your morning. :p

BobMc

Do know anybody that has built yet with the n520, n450, n465? Planning on buying, but wanted some input on their experience first?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Don't know of anybody yet, except maybe Jordan has built one for himself. :)

Yep this hobby is very expensive, bought a lathe, bought a 589 not to mention tooling and parts and completely forgot about my rates for a few months just got a letter from the sheriff to recoup the money's,

I might have to put up some of my prized custom builds in the BST section!

Being a Sanwu fan, had to add two more to my collection. Just ordered a Red Guardian 3watt 445 with a g7 lens and a Spiker 1watt 520 with a g7 lens and the adapter that goes from the Spiker to their BE's. Really like the Guardian series, and been wanting a Spiker 520 1watt for awhile so, I finally broke down and took the plunge. Will do a review when they arrive.:)

Ps. Guess it's back to Mac&Chese.

Pss. I know cheese is spelled with two 'e's. But I'm to broke to add the other one. :D

Apparently you are too broke to add the extra o to the too. JK

BobMc

haha am getting 1 soon N465 i need it for my Sirius-1 host :D

Haven't seen any build threads with them yet. Looking forward to seeing a few of them. Yours included. Best wishes with your build. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Re: Two on their way. ��

Look forward to some pictures of units and beam shots from same--mac and cheese plight notwithstanding

Thanks Encap, shall do, it's a week and a half away or so. Think I'm going to get some stock in the M&C company, I'd be their best customer. :D

Edit, interesting about JL's new mini:thinking: I've got my eye on DTR's new n465, will probably be making my next build with it ( and the n450 )

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: Two on their way. ��

PS: JetLasers is marketing a PL-E Mini 465nm, if it is not a 462nm being called a 465nm--can't see why they would do that. Maybe at the output levels they push a 462nm really is outputting 465nm due to shift.
See: PL-E mini 462nm Blue Laser

I've got that Jetlasers mini 465nm 1.4W, -Review- I wouldn't think they would use the 462nm and push it for 465nm, but it's always possible, I hadn't even thought about that possibility.
I suppose if someone wanted to find out for sure, Gray could check it out.

I do have a 462nm for a comparison, when I get a chance, I'll do a side by side to see if I can see a wavelength difference.

If there is only a 3nm difference between them, and at that wavelength, it would be amazing if you could see the shift in the tint of the color. I think at that wavelength, the only way to know is to measure it.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, your probably right about that Paul, maybe one of these days I'll have a spectroscope for these close wavelengths. :)