Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TWO FRIENDS

To moondOggie and Coherent,

Thanks Guys for correcting an injustice that was bestowed upon me by a couple of foreign youngsters
that have no idea what it is like to be afforded the protections of the US Constitution.

This is the greatest country that God gave Planet Earth.

I bet THEY wish THEY were HERE instead of there.

Thanks Again,

EchoDelta

Switch

He made a nationalist comment against illegal immigrants in the US in a thread and people called him racist.As I recall, anyway, you can find the thread in his rep page. :-/

Razako

I hate all of the political correctness bs and I fully support freedom of speech.

Well, are we talking freedom of speech of forcing people to agree with what you say?

I haven't read the thread or anything yet, but it seems to me (over a more general view) that people seem to think that 'Freedom of Speech' means people aren't allowed to disagree with you. That's stupid, because then you're impairing THEIR 'Freedom of Speech'.

'Freedom of Speech' is the right to express opinions no matter what they are. And I didn't see any of that being impaired. Whether people agree with you or not is a different story, but you shouldn't silence THEIR opinions because then you're a hypocrite.

There, that's my honest opinion. And I invoke my right under 'Freedom of Speech' to say it :)

daguin

Murudai said:
Well, are we talking freedom of speech of forcing people to agree with what you say?
I haven't read the thread or anything yet, but it seems to me (over a more general view) that people seem to think that 'Freedom of Speech' means people aren't allowed to disagree with you. That's stupid, because then you're impairing THEIR 'Freedom of Speech'.
'Freedom of Speech' is the right to express opinions no matter what they are. And I didn't see any of that being impaired. Whether people agree with you or not is a different story, but you shouldn't silence THEIR opinions because then you're a hypocrite.
There, that's my honest opinion. And I invoke my right under 'Freedom of Speech' to say it :)

It is truly amazing to me how many times in my life someone has defended their freedom of speech by trying to limit mine.

e.g. "You can't tell me I'm a stupid cow for saying that.  I have freedom of speech!"

Peace,
dave

The only time you have freedom of speech on the internet is when you own the site you are expressing yourself on.

The internet is an anarchy.

daguin said:
It is truly amazing to me how many times in my life someone has defended their freedom of speech by trying to limit mine.

e.g. "You can't tell me I'm a stupid cow for saying that. I have freedom of speech!"

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about, lol!

Razako

I'm just saying that he shouldn't get negative rep for expressing his opinion on illegal immigration.

daguin

Coherent said:
I'm just saying that he shouldn't get negative rep for expressing his opinion on illegal immigration.

I don't believe anyone here is speaking against your actions.

Peace,
dave

Well, here on these forums (is it "fora?") what you are and are not allowed to say is determined by the constitution of c0ldshadow.
Within these forums/fora he can do whatever he wants (of course with the exception of turning it into a child p.ornography website or other illegal marketing platform).
So yes, within your country (also my country) you have freedom to say whatever you want (except that you want to kill the president) and so does everyone else. But as others have said, nobody has to agree with you.
And since the U.S. constitution doesn't really apply here you'd have to check in with c0ld on that one.
Within this URL: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/ c0ldshadow is God, Zeus, Buddha, and the big bang all in one being.

I didn't bother reading the thread.

This kind of drama annoys me. This is the internet. Why does everything have to be so... lame?
Come on. Grow some sack. Be mature.

(this is not directed at any one person, but is a- screw that. I don't need to justify myself.

This forum is private property, thus c0ld can do whatever he wants with it, that includes deciding what content stays, what content is deleted, and who has the privilege of using his site.

ha, we covered a lot of ground here, but basically Echo received a couple of negative reps.
& some supporters thought his opinion wasn't so bad as to wear a -2

Theres no challenge here of what should be considered proper forum conduct. :)

......so, does anyone have any good laser stories.............. ;)