Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Twin Blue Beams !

Accu you need to add some green. Maybe around +1w. You'll be blown away at how sensitive your sight is to green. And its less fire prone. I have a few burn marks on my ceilings and walls from the blues. Just a nudge. :beer:

Razako

Poor door! - HM
^This lol:D

Accu you need to add some green. Maybe around +1w. You'll be blown away at how sensitive your sight is to green. And its less fire prone. I have a few burn marks on my ceilings and walls from the blues. Just a nudge.
^This too. You need some red and green beams now.

Last edited:
On left is the 2.2W on the right 7+W
first the tv know the door :pop:

Last edited:
Poor door! - HM
It's a good thing it's very white and it helps that it's also semi-gloss white, Much of the power is reflected onto the celling in a dispersed pattern which the camera really picks up.......

Accu you need to add some green. Maybe around +1w. You'll be blown away at how sensitive your sight is to green. And its less fire prone. I have a few burn marks on my ceilings and walls from the blues. Just a nudge. :beer:
It's next on my list !

Yes Alien called it, the 7W is on the right.
Your are first with the correct answer ! 7+ on the right, the give away is it's spot appears much larger to the camera even though they are really close to the same size.....

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, it easy to spot which.
Your house may be white now, but if you are not careful your walls etc will apear grey. The amount of black spots will create a halftone bitmap effect. :D

halftone-tutorial-photoshop-quickie.jpg

Last edited:
The NUBM44 has a very wide beam compared to other blue laser diodes focused to infinity, but you could turn the beam so the thinner axis shows in the photo, unless that was the narrow side, not sure if it is wider than others too.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, the slow axis has a relatively normal useful divergence. Although some of the beam diverges far faster than this.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Just letting you know that you don't have any links Alaskan. :p

Edit: Fixed now. :D Very useful paper. :)

Last edited:
Looking at the diode dye, I have to be careful not to call the thin part the slow axis, I keep thinking of it that way, because the rest of the dye is so wide, but the wide side of the beam, or fast axis, actually comes from the thin portion of the diode.

Initially, the link went to my own C: drive, oops... Had to go back and get the real link.

Last edited: