Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

tweaking a 400mW green laser

lowell

By the way everyone, Boblaser has finally acknowledged receiving the laser back, and assessed the damage. They say they are sending a new one out tomorrow (03/17/09) St. Patrick's Day. What a great day for a green laser. :) Anyhow, in every correspondence I've had with them, I've made sure to include that they are to be sure to test and verify the returning laser's output, as I will immediately be testing it myself upon arrival, and anything under 700mW is unacceptable. We shall see. :-?

Ammar

Well done!
Letting them know you have a LPM is a good thing.

I hope you get what you pay for!
Keep it up!

lowell said:
Ok Spyder, it's all in the mail, Priority USPS. It should be to you by Wednesday. Try not to laugh to hard at the packaging,  ;D I had to use the materials I had on hand, which were bubble wrap envelopes, old Jewelry TV boxes from my girlfriends excessive ordering, :-*  and medical tape. It should be pretty secure, and probably difficult to open. :-? I look forward to seeing the final product.
Interesting ::)

Hey lowell.

Buy an RPL from Optotronics and be happy!

Best,
REVENGE

PS: On a more serious note, do you have laser goggles to protect your eyes? If not, get a pair ASAP. Look around the forums for more info.

lowell

REVENGE, if you read the posts leading up to yours, :eek: you'll see that you provided no new information, or any fresh opinion or perspective. As well, your question has already been answered. Thanks anyway for the smug post. ::)

lowell

:cool: Look, it's me with my laser goggles, that I didn't know to buy until REVENGE informed me. Anyway, for the rest of you, I should have a tracking number from old BillyBob Laser later today. That, along with the blue that Spyder is putting together for me, I should be one happy laser dude. :) For a while at least ;)

lowell

Spyder, I can't wait to see the final product. Based on the graph that came with the module, it looks like the output is well above 200mW. Better than expected. :) In the mean time, I finally have a tracking number for my 700mW green laser from DickLaser, I mean RobertLaser, Um, I mean BobLaser. ;)

lowell said:
Spyder, I can't wait to see the final product. Based on the graph that came with the module, it looks like the output is well above 200mW. Better than expected. :) In the mean time, I finally have a tracking number for my 700mW green laser from DickLaser, I mean RobertLaser, Um, I mean BobLaser.  ;)
Don't count on the output being 200mW and surviving with this diode... :-/
It will be around 120mW at 125mA, though :)
It is very rare for a PHR diode to survive at 200mW. That is what 6x diodes are for ;)

lowell

Spyder-
That's enough power for it to look cool in the night time sky ::), that's all I really care about with that one. On another note, I finally heard from Boblaser. They claimed that they tested the laser before shipping, and it sustained an average output of just over 680mW. If that turns out to be true, that's good enough for me. I have a DHL tracking number from them, but it still doesn't show anything yet because I guess it's delayed in Chinese customs. :-/They say it should finally fly out today or tomorrow though. :-?

lowell

I have DHL confirmation, my laser is in the air as I type this message. That means barring any customs delays :-/ I could have my 700mw (or supposedly 680) as soon as tomorrow! :) Hey, anyone got any ideas on "tweaking" it to crank out more power?! ;) I really want to butcher and ruin this thing if it means an extra mW or two. ;D Uh, just in case someone isn't too perceptive, I'M JUST KIDDING!!! ;)

Ammar

Looking forward to get the results!
I really hope you get a good laser.

Keep us updated ;)

you know my RPL 375 hits 565 mw at peaks but its not a 500mw laser its a 375 for almost a minute it stays in the 400-450 mw range but still jack calls it a 375
i really wish you would have gotten a rpl they Rock my third RPL should be here any time in the next week ;)

John Lawson said:
you know my RPL 375 hits 565 mw at peaks but its not a 500mw laser its a 375 for almost a minute it stays in the 400-450 mw range but still jack calls it a 375
i really wish you would have gotten a rpl they Rock my third RPL should be here any time in the next week  ;)
What did your wife say about this? :-/

lowell

My girlfriend says I have an RPL "Rocket Propelled Load". That's all the RPL I need. As for lasers, I'll be happy with my 680mW average Boblaser.