Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Turn networking equiptment into a toaster

Bacon

I have always wanted to tinker with my Cisco 1800 router but its just overkill for a home network, and never got around to installing WiFi (still has all cords and rollover cables). Its got T1 Lan and Wan... Also got a 10/100 24port 3COM switch with 2 GBs ports. And plenty of windows server 2003.

I feel like it just keeps getting older and more outdated. Although still good, but not great. Would anyone even pay for this stuff or use it on here or should I turn it into a geeky toaster and report back with videos:eg:?

I want turn the 1800 into something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQz_CBQKhw
--edit (not my video but is similar to what I am going to do)

Last edited:

I vote toaster!

It will be the smartest most connected toaster ever! :D

Are you serious? The VCR was pretty hilarious.

~ LB

Those will have a interesting switch mode PSU inside. I destroyed some cisco routers/servers where I study. Teacher gave me one of the PSUs :wave: Its 12v 0.5A, and 5V ~15A (as she said).
I vote for... Sell it, if selling goes wrong, go for the psu and build the toaster :wave:

Last edited:

Bacon

I intend to; I wanted to make something dumb before I start school again..
Maybe ill send it to someone for their dorm.

But what should it imprint on the toast?
::1
TTL 0

It will be a tight fit but the case is a solid piece of metal, Ill see how it goes and be extra safe. I just don't want to plug the thing in and have it make toast out of me ;)