Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tunnel Gun From Lasersaber

K

kingzilla

Hey anyone check the Lasersaber website lately, the have a new product called the "Tunnel Gun". Now actually look like something worth buying.

Copied From http://lasersaber.com/

tunnelGun.jpg

Main Features
Amazing effects.
On/Off switch.
Very portable.
Uses both the red and green laser pointers from Wicked Lasers.
Dose not come with laser.
Tunnel GunUse with any of the Wicked Lasers except for the Spyder lasers.

Price: $39.99 US

Oh and here is the vid from lasersaber:

http://www.lasersaber.com/GunV1.wmv

yeah, its been there for about a month now, but yeah id liek to have one.

but i have my own peice of machinery tht does that same. and is 40 bucks worth it ?

and you could jsut make your own.

S

SenKat

jedilinux said:
but i have my own peice of machinery tht does that same. and is 40 bucks worth it ?

and you could jsut make your own.

Can you send pics of what your device looks like, and possibly explain how to make one ? I assume it does the tunnel effect (the lasersabre one) out of the box ? Looks pretty interesting :eek:

K

kingzilla

Darn! The price has gone up $10, should have bought it when I had the chance! ::)

I bought one of these about a month ago.
I am going to use it in part of my Halloween yard display this year.
It works great. It appears to have a small highspeed motor with a small mirror attached at a slight angle.
It uses 2 AA batteries. It is a pretty simple design but it works great.
If anyone wants to see some pictures post what you want to see and I will take them and post them.

S

SenKat

VERY nice !
I bought one of his lasersaber blades - kinda kewl little gizmo ! :)

nes_ds

That device has been out for about a year :-?

I was temped to buy one, but then I decided to try and make my own compact and portable tunnel scanner, it's much smaller than that gun, it slides directly on my NEXUS, and it is powered by two AAA batteries. :)

Y

yew.sir-name

nes_ds said:
That device has been out for about a year :-?

I was temped to buy one, but then I decided to try and make my own compact and portable tunnel scanner, it's much smaller than that gun, it slides directly on my NEXUS, and it is powered by two AAA batteries. :)

you have pictures and info on how you built it?

nes_ds

Here is one pic of mine:

PICT0001-2.jpg

I don't have any other pics as of now, but if you want more, I can take them....

Y

yew.sir-name

that picture is a great help, is that a soda bottle lid you've used to slot your laser into? i may try make my own, i've got some tiny motors of rc helicopters that i've been wanting to use an this seems the perfect thing to use them in. does the tunnel not reflect back at you?

nes_ds

yew.sir-name said:
that picture is a great help, is that a soda bottle lid you've used to slot your laser into? i may try make my own, i've got some tiny motors of rc helicopters that i've been wanting to use an this seems the perfect thing to use them in. does the tunnel not reflect back at you?

It's a telescope eye piece dust cover, the motor was from a disc drive, it was the motor that ejects the tray, and, as far as the tunnel reflecting back, it's handheld, so no, it doesn't reflect back.