Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trying to find a nice 1W Green laser pointer! :)

DackJaniels

Hello everyone! My first time posting on here. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction as to where I could find a decent 1 watt green laser that won't cost me my kidney. Thanks guys I'll appreciate any help that anyone gives me :)

Welcome!

decent 1 watt green laser that won't cost me my kidney
Nope, they cost a lot. High powered green diodes are expensive (~$100+) and that excludes the host and driver from the picture. You can get powerful DPSS green lasers, but they tend to be expensive as well, as DPSS lasers are affected by temperature and since DPSS lasers have a much more powerful IR pump diode inside, that will produce a LOT of heat.

Remember that you should wear laser safety goggles at all times when handling a laser as powerful as what you're after as accidents do happen and you only have one set of eyes.

Hi DJ,
Welcome to LPF hope you find that 1W 520nm laser, Be safe always..
Thanks GSS :)

Rich:)

diachi

Do you have any experience at all with high powered lasers? You shouldn't jump right in at 1W if not.

Welcome to the LPF. Unfortunately, the 1+ watt 520nm lasers are all fairly expensive as has been already noted by many here. It puts out a great deal of light to our eyes as green is the most sensitive color in our vision. Good luck on your search.

Hi,
I must have missed your intro somewhere. Cant find it in the welcome section. No join dates for the 29th of January . Folks would like to know a little about you first. Global locations are a plus ...

Rich..:)

I am interested in the laser . What brand is it and what are the specs?
Same as the OP--no location-- I have one for sale-brand new still under full warranty.
BUT until you add your location into your profile we are wasting time here.