Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trying to build an insane 532 nm laser

We work best if we balance each other out, from here that could happen as easily as saying ( I was being a bit stubborn, sorry about that. )

You did make a valid counterpoint with LaserBee and he acknowledged you straight away, see Balance/Fairness, without any justifications he just paid you straight away.

If I am coming across as a jerk, that is not my intention. :)

Last edited:

We work best if we balance each other out, from here that could happen as easily as saying ( I was being a bit stubborn, sorry about that. )

You did make a valid counterpoint with LaserBee and he acknowledged you straight away, see Balance/Fairness, without any justifications he just paid you straight away.

If I am coming across as a jerk, that is not my intention. :)
LaserBee ? Did you mean Alaskan ? If you did i noticed that (unlike someone else) and i simple apologized and that's the way it should always be, Without any "quips" or the like.....

Last edited:
Yes, straight forward displays of honor, humility, and fairness are at the core of a working balance, I wish Visible Green could have understood this, I KNOW YOU ARE NOT HIM, but there's a reason for my mistake and it was my mistake, I jumped to a conclusion and unfairly accused you, sorry about that.

Last edited:
I remember when I 1st started posting here and I did not understand what a cylindrical lens was, I was thinking about a lens that looked like a soup can, ( which is a type of cyl. ) but not what I was looking for and when I said something stupid Cypragon would call me out on it, well I learned and it's been a lot of fun.

Thanks to Cyp I learned not to open my mouth unless I knew what I was talking about or if I had a question.

So what I am saying is that being corrected is part of learning too, how hard we make it on our ego depends on how we learn to broach the question.

It really is part of the game here to get what you say correct, in some cases what we say could cause a reader to get injured, that's the most important thing we have to keep in check, and people will check you, but that's a good thing.

What a treacherous way to learn. I'm sorry you had to suffer that. He had a Chuck Norris touch.

Reactions: GSS
Yes, straight forward displays of honor, humility, and fairness are at the core of a working balance, I wish Visible Green could have understood this, I KNOW YOU ARE NOT HIM, but there's a reason for my mistake and it was my mistake, I jumped to a conclusion and unfairly accused you, sorry about that.
That's very stand up and all anyone could or should ask for, People will always make mistakes, That is if your human ? lol

Let me take this opportunity to say i'm sorry to anyone i've upset in the last few days and say i'm working to try and eliminate such misunderstandings from happening but i can't do it alone.......

Last edited:
Well, in all fairness he would be straightening out the stubborn if he was still about. Cat's away and all that. I found a way to grow from his corrections, but I concede that he could be harsh.

----EDIT----
Yes Acc we are all human and make mistakes, I try to look for mine when the entire crowd is pointing at me, kind of a clue I picked up along the way. :D

Last edited:
And I just want to say I in no way like conflict but I like being jabbed in the face even less and I tend to be quick to react when it happens......

Last edited:
Well I am not intending to Jab you, I saw visible green get perma banned for being too reactive and I wish to prevent that with people who share an interest in the hobby, peace.

Last edited:
Well I am not intending to Jab you, I saw visible green get perma banned for being too reactive and I wish to prevent that with people who share an interest in the hobby, peace.
Oh no, I wasn't referring to you Red !

Two things: 532nm is generated by Shg generation of 1064nm Light. This source is usually a solid state NPRO with superior linewidth(or short term stability)at 532nm severelal strong Iodone lines exist. Stabilizing the laser to an iodone Transition results in an Optical reference supassing Hydrogen masers but at the optical domain.

Direct Diode lasers @ 532 ad more Flexibility to setup and reduce the Size.

Hope that was, was lserbee had in mind.

Singlemode
You missed my point when i responded to
"Cyrus The Great".

What makes a 532nm Laser INSANE...
I see nothing INSANE about it. It is
however an interesting way of producing
a 532nm Green Laser Beam.

And I just want to say I in no way like conflict but I like being jabbed in the face even less and I tend to be quick to react when it happens......

Could it be that perhaps you are bit too
sensitive to be involved with the diversity
of a public arena. :thinking:
You need to let some of those small things
slide off your back...
What you see on your computer's screen is
only pixels of light. They can not physically
harm you.

Jerry

Last edited:
Oh no, I wasn't referring to you Red !
Red I'll give you three guesses who one of the hypocrites might be that I was referring to..... :thinking: Ok and I'll give you a hint, He almost always has something hypocritically passive aggressive to say, Many time's it's in the form of advice as if he thinks no one can tell..... :thinking:

That's extremely rare and almost never happens.......

Last edited:
You missed my point when i responded to
"Cyrus The Great".

What makes a 532nm Laser INSANE...
I see nothing INSANE about it. It is
however an interesting way of producing
a 532nm Green Laser Beam.

Could it be that perhaps you are bit too
sensitive to be involved with the diversity
of a public arena. :thinking:
You need to let some of those small things
slide off your back...
What you see on your computer's screen is
only pixels of light. They can not physically
harm you.

Jerry
Oh wow so your moonlighting as a psychiatrist besides your laser bee gig ! Does it pay well Dr Phil ?

Last edited:
True to form, maybe you just need to change that avatar?
Or maybe I could trade with someone that may find it more fitting of their personally because clearly it means more to some other people than it just being a colorful flashy avatar that has the look of lasers ? I'm thinking someone with a over active imagination maybe ?

Well, in all fairness he would be straightening out the stubborn if he was still about. Cat's away and all that. I found a way to grow from his corrections, but I concede that he could be harsh.

----EDIT----
Yes Acc we are all human and make mistakes, I try to look for mine when the entire crowd is pointing at me, kind of a clue I picked up along the way. :D
Clearly what i had to say fell on deaf ears (for most people, but not all) I guess extending a olive branch was possibly just a waste of time as there will always be people who would rather perpetuate conflict than to be a bigger man and make peace......

Gees what a depressing thought............ Oh well, I guess that's just the way it is.....

P.S. Thank you den.....

Last edited: