Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trying to build an insane 532 nm laser

That's where I have picked up on much of what I know, it certainly isn't from first hand experience, that and what you guys offer here. I am particularly interested in Laser Builder's project to, as I have some ND:YAG's I want to use with crystals too, so I went looking for substantiating information to add to the thread. I will be coming back to it later when I start working on my project too.

I just wanted to poke my head in here very quickly and say I have read every word in every post in this thread and I must say WOW I feel like a Native American child from 200 years ago trying to read a French newspaper !

That's all......... :worthy:

Last edited:
Three years ago I would have viewed it the same. Hanging out here and googling stuff sure has brought a new wealth of knowledge to me.

:wtf:Explain to us why "532nm is pretty insane"...:thinking:

Jerry

Two things: 532nm is generated by Shg generation of 1064nm Light. This source is usually a solid state NPRO with superior linewidth(or short term stability)at 532nm severelal strong Iodone lines exist. Stabilizing the laser to an iodone Transition results in an Optical reference supassing Hydrogen masers but at the optical domain.

Direct Diode lasers @ 532 ad more Flexibility to setup and reduce the Size.

Hope that was, was lserbee had in mind.

Singlemode

Direct diode at 532 nm, huh? You got to be trolling us or I'm just out of the loop of a new advancement, I doubt it would end up being that WL :p

Direct diode at 532 nm, huh? You got to be trolling us or I'm just out of the loop of a new advancement, I doubt it would end up being that WL :p

Osram specs their diode till 530nm. With external feedback that you need anyway for high resolution spectroscopy 532 nm is easy reachable.

Singlemode

I've seen the range, low to high, I was just having fun brother, I would be interested if you find one close to 532.

I love this external tuning of direct diode lasers. It is fascinating and your line width at the end becomes incredibly narrow. if you are looking for precision instead of raw power, this is the way to go.

I love this external tuning of direct diode lasers. It is fascinating and your line width at the end becomes incredibly narrow. if you are looking for precision instead of raw power, this is the way to go.
The thing is I love a narrow beam but without power it just normally isn't very visible.....

Ah, Alaskan. You beat me to it. Gotta know what is being said to make a reasonable comment. Yeah, narrow beams are cool. Yippie!

That's the thing, If you don't understand what is being said how can you possibly know something isn't a reasonable comment ???

That's called learning ! And learning is ALWAYS a good thing.....

Last edited:
I remember when I 1st started posting here and I did not understand what a cylindrical lens was, I was thinking about a lens that looked like a soup can, ( which is a type of cyl. ) but not what I was looking for and when I said something stupid Cypragon would call me out on it, well I learned and it's been a lot of fun.

Thanks to Cyp I learned not to open my mouth unless I knew what I was talking about or if I had a question.

So what I am saying is that being corrected is part of learning too, how hard we make it on our ego depends on how we learn to broach the question.

It really is part of the game here to get what you say correct, in some cases what we say could cause a reader to get injured, that's the most important thing we have to keep in check, and people will check you, but that's a good thing.

Last edited:
I remember when I 1st started posting here and I did not understand what a cylindrical lens was, I was thinking about a lens that looked like a soup can, ( which is a type of cyl. ) but not what I was looking for and when I said something stupid Cypragon would call me out on it, well I learned and it's been a lot of fun.

Thanks to Cyp I learned not to open my mouth unless I knew what I was talking about or if I had a question.

So what I am saying is that being corrected is part of learning too, how hard we make it on our ego depends on how we learn to broach the question.

It really is part of the game here to get what you say correct, in some cases what we say could cause a reader to get injured, that's the most important thing we have to keep in check, and people will check you, but that's a good thing.
It's also important to realize that sometimes a person simply might not understand what was said and it should not be assumed that person is trolling or just trying to mess with people, Giving someone the benefit of the doubt can be very helpful in avoiding conflict and bad feelings on all sides.....

Conflict usually leads to even more conflict due to the bad feelings created by a simple misunderstanding, People should try to be a little more understanding that what is obvious to one person may not be to someone else, A little patients can go a long way in avoiding unnecessary conflicts from happening in the first place and so can eliminating unnecessary thinly veiled put downs.

Instead of leveling criticism it's not a bad idea to make sure the person understood what was said before assuming the worst.......

Last edited: