Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trustfire TR-801 5 Mode 445nm :)

Fiddy

G'day,

So today i was bored....Until i got some blank hosts in the mail from DX.

I received one of these: Fandyfire XG-V5

I played with it as a flashlight, no biggie its a 5 mode LED flashlight, end up just using the driver board for its positive connection for your flexdrive...
Then i thought, out of all the lasers i have, the arctic is the only one with modes.
So i removed the driver from the pill and noticed there was 3x AMC7135 chips on there :)

Now i had a Trustfire TR-801 with a semi destroyed driver so i installed the board into the TR-801.

tr-801.jpg

tr-8011.jpg

I wasn't sure if the new driver had a continuous negative like the flexdrive so i didn't connect any wires to the case pin and being a A-140 diode they are case isolated.

I got the diode lasing and it was good, put it all together in the host and it wouldn't change modes :thinking::thinking:
Then i unfocused the laser and changed modes and i could see tiny bars of blue flickering with the mode which was odd.
I pulled the host apart and re-soldered the driver board connection and it worked sweet.

Not sure of the diode current but driver is pulling (across the switch):

High: 400mA
Medium: 200mA
Low: 100mA
Strobe: 200mA
SOS: 200mA

Thanks for looking!

Fiddy.

Last edited:

Fiddy

Haha yeah pulse rules :p

Its running off a single 18650 cell.

Oh hells yeah i need a heatsink!

Cheers!

clif

Nice that you can have a laser SOS device handy if need be :)

I always like the modified product you end up with when your build is complete, especially the simple things like the blue GITD tail cap change-out from the green one...

Last edited:
@ fiddy

VERY nice build and a GREAT idea, that's one thing I love about the Arctics is the pulse mode, and the ability to lower the power when needed. +1

Fiddy

UPDATE

Got my LPM back and LPM'd it with all the modes:

TR-8015Mode.png

Very cool. I also like lasers with pulse modes. I've wanted to try a build with a pulse in an attempt to give a longer duty cycle. The high, med, and low power modes are also really nice because it's like having 3 lasers in one. My survival laser runs at full power (about 1.15W) on 2 CR123A batteries but with one 18650 it runs around 300-350mW which is nice for things like charging my glow board or any other application where you don't need full power. It's also nice not needing to worry about duty cycle when running at low power.

Fiddy

Indeed.

High frequency pulsing is cool.

The board i used was for an LED which cannot create enough voltage for the higher current of the 445 diode.

Very cool. I also like lasers with pulse modes. I've wanted to try a build with a pulse in an attempt to give a longer duty cycle. The high, med, and low power modes are also really nice because it's like having 3 lasers in one. My survival laser runs at full power (about 1.15W) on 2 CR123A batteries but with one 18650 it runs around 300-350mW which is nice for things like charging my glow board or any other application where you don't need full power. It's also nice not needing to worry about duty cycle when running at low power.

Fiddy

nice, id love to program some high frequency strobes into a driver :)