Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

**** True >200mW 532nm S-KY PGL-200 handheld laser

tomcat

Re: **** True >200mW 532nm S-KY PGL-200 handheld l

got mine today and paid £45 fees.. so only $70 :)

my batts are charging at the moment in my 2x 18650 charger with 4 batts :) the one that comes with the laser is no good as i am in the uk but my charger fits in the case hole once iv cut the hole bigger i am planning to open up the tailcap to short the interlock out to stop current/connection issues one i know its ok

i just hope its tem00.... have my od3 glasses ready too :)

will post later my graph is great :) it goes between 150-175 for 20 seconds then goes around 200 for 10 seconds then dosent drop below 220 for the rest of the graph peaking at 280

MERC

Im happy with mine perfect tem00, it has some spatter, the beam is a bit fat @ 3mm and the beam comes out at an slight angle but with some adjustment of the focus i get about .5mrad

tomcat

problem with mine: the focus adjustment is too far "forward" and it always has a focal point at the bottom of the focus so its divergence is the size of half a brick at around 14m (3") if the focus went past the "0 divergence" point i would be able to adjust for divergence but its stuck forward of that point

also the head is about 5 degrees bent at the join to the tube that come out when you focus it
and its cutting off some beam i can tell when i turn it theres a skew on the turn

would i be able to fix this myself? i have not a pin spanner but i can make something up to get at those holes to open it

can i adjust the focus inside? to make it have good divergence when its bottomed out

if this is not fixable can i have just the laser sent back ( i have disposed of some of the packaging and the charger like a idiot)

just want to know if i can adjust the focus inside so it focuses on a different range with the outside focus if not how do it get this fixed? other than that its a tem00

for skypointing its not bad but you cant see the spot at over 25m because of the divergence ( its the size of a balloon at that range)

Received mine a few days ago.

I don't have a laser power meter so I can only compare by eye: After a few seconds after switching it on,  my PGL comes up to full power and is noticeably brighter than my Nova X105. The beam diameter is larger than the X105's and divergence seems good. And it's TEM00.

IMHO it is a very good laser that cannot be beat at that price - Thank you Dr. Lava.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hi,Forums,

Maybe you will ask me or Drlava something about the remote switch.

Maybe your remote switch has a poor contact ,that is a special design,because you can cantact with TTL modulation and Analog modulation to meet your special inquiries.If you do not like the loose remote switch,you can point a little glue to the screw.Pay attention that do not injure the inside.

Very easy,you can do it by yourselves.

Betty

Ref

Betty, I have a few issues with my unit:

1.) There is a lot of green light around the dot, so the laser behaves a lot like a flashlight. This is more than any other laser I have ever seen or owned.
2.) The spring at the top of the circuit board that makes contact with the laser module has a bad connection. The laser will not power on when the head is fully screwed on.
3.) The blue LED does not light until the laser has been on for a long period of time, or it does not turn on at all.

How do I return the laser to you for these issues to be fixed?

S-KY_market said:
Maybe your remote switch has a poor contact ,that is a special design,because you can cantact with TTL modulation and Analog modulation to meet your special inquiries.If you do not like the loose remote switch,you can point a little glue to the screw.Pay attention that do not injure the inside.

Very easy,you can do it by yourselves.

Betty

If it's so damn easy to fix, why wasn't it installed properly the first time? Why is it that the customer has to fix your companies errors. Do you not hire people with at least a basic attention to detail? My company has had only 1 laser ever returned for repairs. We had it returned because we would never expect the customer to fix damaged equipment. I don't think any of the other companies represented on this board have the customer fix manufacturing errors.

It's great you are trying to build inexpensive systems but you also advertise specifications with your lasers. A shipped unit should meet those specifications. This includes things like working interlocks. Why? Because it's a frickin' SAFETY. If you cannot meet your own specifications and you sell it anyway, that makes your company a scammer.

Pull your head out of your butt, fix the lasers for those who need it, take the hit, learn from it, and build better quality lasers so you don't have to fix so many in the future.

well i know I'm not going to s-ky for anything soon

tomcat

good post frothy...
thing is though they undercut prices by almost 1/3 of most others so its a better purchase for the poorer laser hobbyist that has the knowhow to fix the problems that come with these chinese copy/fakes

I am thinking about communicating with cni to become a laser module reseller in the uk (labby scanner lasers) because their current uk reseller is more a scientific biased company

i am communicating with s-ky to try to get a tech drawing or blueprint of their laser for a better take apart and am waiting to get a pin spanner to get it open from the top to adjust the focus internally and right the slant on the head that cuts half my beam off

edit: i did a reversible mod to the tail : unscrew the tail and put a piece of metal there ( i used a strip of aluminium 1mm this connects the tail much better than the interlock but is reversable ( remove metal

and it screws back just fine

fixed my power issues its nice and stable still trying to find a pin spanner that fits to readjust the focus ( if you can from there)

Betty,

If you see this, check your PM box and/or your E-Mail for my message regarding my replacement laser that has issues.

Need to get this taken care of A.S.A.P.  ;)

Thank You,
Joe

Thank you,Joe.Have you seen the E-mail I sent to you?Attatched the power test plots.

Betty

Hello Betty,

No, I haven't receieved any e-mails from you.

My problem isn't power, the threads in the body are very bad.

The first 5 rows will not hold the cap on.

The end cap is holding on by only the last few rows.

ALSO, It will not accept a protected battery, as there is not enough room for it.

A regular battery barely fits which is effecting the switch if tightened all the way.

It needs a new body tube with GOOD threads and either a bit longer so a protected battery can fit or the board needs to be set in deeper.

It has a few other issues that I can live with, but not real happy about it.

I can replace the body myself if you will send me one.

I don't want to send this back again, I am already out the last return shipping.

I will re-send my message to you in a another PM and via e-mail right now.

Please see my message for further details.

Thank you,
Joe

Joe,

We are very sorry about your issue.Let me know you are using a pretecter charger,that is very good.Try to replace a ordinary battery which is no pretecter to test first,but in the mean time,we will ship some improved tail caps to Drlava.And we assue the shipping freight from him to you.

Any good suggestions,contact me,thanks.We will do better.

Betty

Hello Betty,

It is NOT the cap, it is the Body Tube threads that are bad.

A regular battery barely fits, and if tightend, it will effect the switch.

The body tube is too short for a protected battery.

I Need a New Body with Good Threads that is 2-3mm longer, Not the Cap.

I sent you a pm and e-mail with this info and the other problems it has.

As for the other problems, I can live with them if I can get a new body.

Please see my messages sent.  ;)

Thank you,
Joe
:)

Hello Again Betty,

While looking over the threads closely again today, it appears the cap threads are starting to get damaged due to the poor threads in the barrel.

So I will need both the barrel body and the end cap.

Please make sure they are in perfect shape before sending so we don't have to do this again.

I will send you a pm with this new info as well..

Thank you,
Joe

Joenobody said:
I Need a New Body ......

As for the other problems, I can live with them if I can get a new body.

Please see my messages sent. ;)

Thank you,
Joe
:)

Joe ! I feel ya, man - if I had a new body, my problems would be solved, too ! :p <I just HAD to - I'm sure you understand:) >