Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tripod + Real Goggles and a 473 nm Needed?

My 1st post so go easy on me

I don't trust the goggles I have from Wicked Lasers and need to know where to get real ones. I have a new S3 Arctic class 4 which tend to be nder spec. Wish I would have found this site before buying. At any rate I need a tripod for the laser for my photography work. I'm also very interested in getting my hands on a high power hand held 473 nm unit. Even more important to me than highest power is a longer duty cycle. I hope one of you guys can point me in the right direction.

Lots of people on the forum use and recommend these goggles from Survival Laser. They are one of the few lesser expensive goggles that actually work reliably well.

They also happen to have tripods, and the owner is a very nice guy who is here on the forums here as well. (Garoq)

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

Laser Clamp Mount & Tripod

For a 473nm you could go with Lasever. Check out the nice review done by Zraffleticket

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/80mw-473nm-handheld-laser-lasever-72263.html

Edit: Arglaser almost beat me to it :p His recommendations are really nice as well. While the Eagle pair goggles are great, I think OEM are supposed to be some of the best!

Last edited:

ARG

Go check out laserglow for a 473nm handheld. It wont be cheap, but it will be very reliable. They also sell certified goggles.

OEM laser systems also has certified goggles, their goggles are top notch. (I believe they are from the same manufacturer as laserglow)

These will protect you from 445nm YLW - Blu Ray, Blue Diode, 457nm [NR-YLW-EN207] - $101.50