Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trendkilla254's First Pen Build

My daughter was born yesterday at 12:36 central. 8 pounds 8 ounces. 19.75 inches. Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations, much appreciated.

Reactions: GSS

Hi Trend,
Kudos to you your wife and your new addition, You'll be busy for a while now. Best luck and wishes always it' an Easter Child what could be better on the resurrection of Christ.

Rich:)

Well this build ended in failure. This was my error. I should have trusted my wiring and build. The battery purchased from batteries plus made.me second guess my build. I took it apart and the diode separated from the driver. The epoxy took the potentiometer dial with it. Now I need the diode tested to ensure it isnt damaged. I need to figure out the safest way to remove enough epoxy to solder new leads. Then I get to replace the driver. I am assuming the driver is toast. I know I cant solder a replacement pot unto it. I dont have those kind of skills... I can solder fairly well, but not that small. I'm pretty mad at myself over this one.

send it my way! I built it ill test it!!

Dude I'll gladly send it your way! I'll see if I can muster up the time to go to the post office tomorrow. My schedule is all out of whack. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage my time with a 2 and half year old and a 3 week old. I really appreciate the offer. I ordered 3 more of those pen hosts. I'll send you an extra one too.

Just PM me..
I "Might" Have a driver that will work.

Last edited:
Dude I haven't had the chance to box the stuff up yet. It's my first week back to work since the baby was born and I don't know if I am actually doing more than normal, but it feels like it lol.