Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trade: Stuff for <50mW

Re: Trade: Stuff for >100mW

And that is why I don't bring my computer to fix it shops...

And that is why I don't bring my computer to fix it shops...

Amen to that.... Wonder how many people this guy decided to scam/steal from so he could have a computer??

I'd like to know the name of that shop:tsk:

Naw, hes not really like that all the time, hes pretty nice, I think that was when he was questioning god and didn't care about anything (idk). Long story...

He doesn't work there anymore, he said it was boring and quit. Now he works at another place fixing computers, which is still boring, but hes not going to quit since hes glad to have a job, now that the economy is sucky.

Naw, hes not really like that all the time, hes pretty nice, I think that was when he was questioning god and didn't care about anything (idk). Long story...

He doesn't work there anymore, he said it was boring and quit. Now he works at another place fixing computers, which is still boring, but hes not going to quit since hes glad to have a job, now that the economy is sucky.

Once a theif always a theif.

And at the risk of starting a long winded religious debat(not my intention), what does the existance or non-existance of what you would consider a 'god' have to do with the guys attitude and actions. Just because he decided to 'question god' as you put it, doesnt mean he can run around doing anything he feels like right or wrong. If someone trys to be a good person soley because they either fear or want to please a god, they are irrational, and need a reality check. People should work to better them selves for the benefit of the society as a whole, not because they want a reward from some god after they die.....
/rant

EDIT: after reading this again, it may appear to others that I am trolling for an argument, I am not doing so, just stating my opinion on the matter. Many people here have various religious beliefs, but I think we all can agree that lying to someone inorder to obtain an item for free is considered theft, and is not accepted in a rational educated society.

Last edited:

Once a theif always a theif.

And at the risk of starting a long winded religious debat(not my intention), what does the existance or non-existance of what you would consider a 'god' have to do with the guys attitude and actions. Just because he decided to 'question god' as you put it, doesnt mean he can run around doing anything he feels like right or wrong. If someone trys to be a good person soley because they either fear or want to please a god, they are irrational, and need a reality check. People should work to better them selves for the benefit of the society as a whole, not because they want a reward from some god after they die.....
/rant

EDIT: after reading this again, it may appear to others that I am trolling for an argument, I am not doing so, just stating my opinion on the matter. Many people here have various religious beliefs, but I think we all can agree that lying to someone inorder to obtain an item for free is considered theft, and is not accepted in a rational educated society.

Your post was completely irrelevant and unnecessary. This is not a religious debate thread, this is a WTT thread. He just made a side comment in his post about his friend and god, if you feel offended by that take your anger somewhere else.

Lets get back on track please, and no more talk about this. That would just be thread-jacking.

mrbubl3s, did you care for the power of the laser? I could PROBABLY trade a smaller 10-20mW green pen pointer for a hard-disk, I can use some of the goodies in there.... or maybe some of the northgate fans on the MotherBoards if they have any? I donno.

Regards,

amk

EDIT: I agree with the fact that it was wrong for the person to lie to steal the laptop, but it is not a good idea to turn this thread into a religious debate. That just causes drama and whatnot. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

Yeah, I didn't really understand his little struggle either, and no, "he" isn't me.

And! Yes! PM me with the stuff you want and I'll send it as soon as possible, since your a reputable person.

EDIT: I don't think I have any northgate fans though.

It sounds like you just came from a transfer station or something, I used to go to a local one and leave with about 15-20 complete old computers and some monitors and other cool electronics.

Whats that? I get the majority of my stuff from our township clean-up days, people bring stuff and we recycle/trash it for them, and I get all the computers in return for helping. :)

EDIT: I don't like to stereotype, but most people around here are all complete idiots when it comes to electronics. "My computer has viruses! I need a new one!" So I just take all the good parts from all the computers and put them either in my computer, or my cluster I'm building.

Last edited:

A transfer station is like a place where trash goes before a dump. There is probably more to it but that is the best way that I can describe it.

They usually separate out electronics and other hazardous stuff, mainly because your usually supposed to bring that stuff there for proper disposal. I used to go there almost once a month and get all kinds of crap. VCRs, TVs, computers, DVD players etc.

mfo

I have a lot of electronic things and I was wondering if someone would like to trade a bunch for a (or several) >100mW green laser(s) for my new experiment. I literally have a shed stacked with this crap. None of it is stolen, just collected over time from people/Goodwill/dumpsters. Pick however much you want.

List v0.02:

GAMES
--Battlefield 2 (no cd key)

HANDHELDS
--Sony clie PEG-SJ22/U with screen cover and charger/USB cradle
--Palm m505 (part of screen is messed up) with games card, no charger
--Nokia 5300 XpressMusic (no charger, cracked screen)
--Motorola i275 Nextel (with charger)
--Handspring Visor black Palm OS 4.1 (with charger)

HARDDRIVES ATA
--Maxtor DiamondMax 16 60GB
--Maxtor N256 8.4GB (2x)
--Western Digital Caviar 102AA 10GB
--Western Digital Caviar 205AA 20.5GB
--Western Digital Caviar 21200 10GB
--IBM Deskstar DTLA-307020 20.4GB
--Quantum Fireball lct 20.4GB
--Seagate ST31720A 1705MB
--Seagate ST32122A 2111MB

IOMEGA
--250MB USB Zip drive (With USB cord)
--1GB SCSI Jaz drive (Only power cord)
--Zip CD USB drive (No power cord but is the same as the jaz one)

LAPTOPS
--Dell Inspiron 8200 (With power cord, lots of things wrong with it, lots of condition issues)

MOTHERBOARDS
--Lots of Pentium I to 4

PCI
--IEEE 1394 FW323 Firewire card, 3 port
--Lots of modems if any of you poor bastards still have dial-up
--Lots of ethernet cards
--4.1 Sound Blaster Live! Audio card

OTHER
--12 Amstrad computer floppy disk things
--Keyboards from nice and shiney, to old and dingy white

I'll take the useless Battlefield 2 game without the CD key (No CD key means it's useless, right?) + the Seagate ST31720A 1705MB hard drive in exchange for my viper 125mW from DL. I <3 vintage hard drives.

I'll take the useless Battlefield 2 game without the CD key (No CD key means it's useless, right?) + the Seagate ST31720A 1705MB hard drive in exchange for my viper 125mW from DL. I <3 vintage hard drives.

* sigh

*sigh at trying to trade garbage you've just found or been given for a laser.

You guys are no fun. What nerd wouldn't enjoy a cheap palm pilot to port linux on?