Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tool case transformation - from "DeWALT" to "De-LASER"

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi guys, I've recently come across a few DeWALT tool cases, that are used for their portable cordless drills. These are new cases that were being tossed out :eek:.
The reason being is that the people that use these cordless drills have large roll around tool boxs, similar to the large "Snap-on" type, and there is no extra room for the case.

I thought to myself, these would be perfect to store lasers and related equipment in; they even have provisions for a lock if you were to want one! :)

I've taken a few pics to show the process I used to convert the first one; pretty simple and straightfoward.
I made this one to house my homeless Goldenstar 532nm labby. This is much better than the cardboard box it was living in!

e0fTWEi.jpg

i6MF8oZ.jpg

MoGyl0a.jpg

AOQTo36.jpg

G3AXABE.jpg

hdQ60g1.jpg

k2GoW7m.png

:thanks: for taking the time to look! :wave:

Jeff

Last edited:

USAbro

¿Dónde compró que la espuma?

Last edited:
Wow awesome, very creative of you! +rep(need to spread first)

-Alex

Last edited:

USAbro

Good idea. And good source for foam. I may do this now to all my handhelds and make cases using those cheap eBay metal boxes!
+rep

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey danefex, thank you! :beer:

USAbro, thanks for the +rep.
I agree, it's a good source for foam, especially when they're local and you can pick it up from the store and save on the shipping. :)

This is brilliant :) I've still got everything in various boxes and bubble wrap :whistle:

Rep when I can.

~ LB

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@Lazerbeak - Thanks, I've got my fair share of stuff still in boxes also. I'll get it all put sorted out one of these days. ;)

@sinner - Thank you. He did definitely have it coming! :D