Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Took a few pix ....

Things

Last night, we had a rather large storm that decided to cross over. I decided to take some video, and caught a few strikes, including a very close one abot 20m from my house. Crappy quality, since it was pulled from video, but you get the idea.

Looks fairly overcast today ..... (Have a look at the window of the car, its a hint :D)
day.jpg

Well actually, it wasnt day, it was caused by this .... :D

andwhy.jpg

Just a few random shots ...

strike3.png

strike2.jpg

strike.jpg

:D

At first i through it would hsve some beam shot!
Nice thunderstroje idbe breathe-less w/ beamshot pull out greenie!!

Things

Ive just recently had a operation on my nose, so I didnt really feel like pulling out my green module that night. Our power went out about 3 times, and we had a few brown-outs aswell, so I didnt really want to risk the laser.

That strike in the 2nd picture, actually TURNED OFF my laptop!

I think it was due to the huge EMP created by the lightning, just wiped it out. I am using it to make this post, so it still works fine, but its kinda weird .

Things said:
Ive just recently had a operation on my nose, so I didnt really feel like pulling out my green module that night. Our power went out about 3 times, and we had a few brown-outs aswell, so I didnt really want to risk the laser.

That strike in the 2nd picture, actually TURNED OFF my laptop!

I think it was due to the huge EMP created by the lightning, just wiped it out. I am using it to make this post, so it still works fine, but its kinda weird .

I wish you a good recovery, there not mych weather related stuff out there. Only snow.. You didnt has battery powered laser?

Lightning struck within 500 feet of my house when I was home alone last year... knocked two clocks, a painting, and a shelf off the walls. It also killed my modem, and I needed to get a new one. So much for surge protection. My PC wasn't even on either.

Wow, very nice shots! Yeah actually about 4 months ago there was the most insane thunderstorm I have ever seen. Literally for about 5 hours there was a lightening strike every 3-4 seconds!

lightning is fun!
i used to love watching the storms in walla walla. well they weren't there, but it was so flat we could see them just fine when they were south of us (pendleton?)
huge effing chains that went for miles across the sky...
i miss that....

best i got in vancouver was a decent storm a while back, lightning hit what seemed like a couple miles in front of me, exactly where i was staring. blinded me and sounded like a bomb going off :D
oh and our gutters were overflowing it was raining so hard

i love bad weather you could say.

but screw hail