Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

To many Ads

I am shocked at how many ads this board has!!!

With me owning a website myself I can say that with as many members as we have and as much traffic it gets theres no reason to have that many.

Adsense ads alone would bring in a Sh*t load of $$$.

Who agrees.

Well I'm sure the Admin will remove all those ads for you as
soon as your payment to cover the losses for removing them
shows up...:whistle:

Jerry

Our admins does alot of work we not trying to made this a full time job.
Some of the money might go to pocket but he does enough work and then some.
He earns every dollar he gets,
The ads are not bad i found some good stores that way, and a few bad ones.
But overall they are good.
Btw Jerry, You store looks much much better. It is very professional looking now to match your reputation.

BTW... when speaking of a lot of Ads... your title
should perhaps read....Too many Ads...:beer:

@ kiyoukan... Thanks...;)

Jerry

LPF is a privately held for-profit limited liability corporation registered in the state of New Jersey. (I checked. Filing number is 0600322961)

That means Avery is entitled to generate taxable revenue from the site in whatever way he sees fit.

Complaining that a business makes money is pointless. If you don't like it, go to a different site.

Adsense ads alone would bring in a Sh*t load of $$$.

Having been involved in the management of various forums over the years (including one of the largest active vBulletin sites) I can tell you that it doesn't generate as much money as you would think. Trust me, I wish it did ;)

Last edited:

rathat

I think the adds need to be moved around, they mess with the whole layout of the page, especially at the top under the logo.

There are ways to not see ads. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. :whistle:

why is it only noobs and that complain about the ads? Are they really that offended that they need to publicly speak out. Do they write ABC or FOX every time their favorite show "desperate house wives" or "hanna montana" goes to commercial?

michael

If you hate the ads so much and are so hurt by seeing them, not to mention want to take money out of lpf why not just go and get "Ad Block plus" and never see them.
But if you use this program you better donate.

I only see the specific laser-company banner ads, none of the tall obnoxious google ads. Works fine for me!