Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tiny RGB's

Last edited:

I must have one of these in my life, can you imagine a RBG pen laser!? One of those articles with pictures of physical modules is over 2 years old, have these made it into commercial products yet? My google kung fu is weak and so far I'm not seeing anything.

Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean that they aren't in consumer products, could be in pico projectors or one of the projectors that attaches to modern cell phones, also there is a link to contact them ( Sumitomo ) and they did mention " affordable " so I was thinking maybe a group buy if we can get samples or a small order.

Here's one that advertises laser based, but I don't know what's inside other than it is laser based.

Here's another that's laser, I'm not suggesting that we buy any of these, just finding some that aren't LED.

Last edited:
Yes I also want some and the Sumitomo square units say they are 150mw with the collimate lens and the typical 9mm looking units are 45mw with collimate lens, now who's the best member to contact Sumitomo ?

Last edited:
You saw a price?

EDIT: Missed a post, my bad. Laser based pico projectors have been ripped apart before by members, the laser optical train although small, still usually lends itself best for a pointer with similar dimensions to the projector it came out of. Nothing quite like the form factor of these sumitomo arrays.

Last edited:

Eidetical

Here's an even smaller packaging of RGB lasers. I saw them at Photonics West 11 months ago, and believe evaluation kits are around $1500.

Nowthats a cool module very small for a hand held
Rich:)

Yes, we can make our own RGB HH and have every color.
Some of the tiny modules are designed for eyeglasses displays, they have a planar waveguide and are lower power, but the Sumitomo with 185mw output as well as the ST-Osram ans Exalos have " Individual collimation lenses & free-space beam combiner, collinear alignment " so I think that is the type we want, we need to test some and see how well aligned they are.

atomd

I'm curious if you can put 3 gain chips in series and just pass-through the previous beam. If there are any absorption losses for different wavelengths in semiconductors. I guess only R->G->B would work