Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Time Travel

How do you explain Karma? I know for a fact it exists, and have seen it happen more times than not. Can you explain this force? Or do you label act of GOD on things you cant comprehend? Like miracles.

Waaa, I don't go by karma. I just follow Newton's law of motion and treat everyone like crap. That way everything goes in my favor :)

TTerbo

ehh isnt this just newtons law of relativity?

(dont know if its been mentioned yet)

Damn ..... *CTRL+ALT+DEL*
*BEEP*
> Are you sure you want to reset the simulation "World01.sml" and restart the last backup ? (Y/N) y
> Proceeding, please wait . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
*BEEP*
> Done. Simulation resetted and backup restarted.

:p :crackup:

Do me a favor and erase my character. I dont want to lurk in this insane asylum anymore. :beer:

Waaa, I don't go by karma. I just follow Newton's law of motion and treat everyone like crap. That way everything goes in my favor

Works for me.

HIMNL9

Do me a favor and erase my character. I dont want to lurk in this insane asylum anymore. :beer:

*BEEP*

Hi, this is an automated IA responder, the brain of
the programmer is momentarily offline (drunk).

We're sad to say you that your request of deletion
cannot be executed, due to "ethical" reasons.

We're anyway glad to communicate you that, with
your request, you've just passed our level 1
admission test.

Your character is now transferred from "Samples"
folder to "Testers" folder, with level 1 reality change
powers implementation (see attachments from 27
to 7553, included, for details).

Feel free to experiment all the "level 1 alternative
realities options" you want (backups are automated),
and please communicate us the ones you prefer,
for a possible future implementation in the next
"WorldSim 2.0" version.

Thanks for your volunteer collaboration.

The programmer office.

*BEEP*

:p :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Last edited:
depression.jpg

Depression_3Q8BMD.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Time travel is easier than you imagine. It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right. There's some steps in between, and then you hump the air, and voila, you've just traveled forward through time!

I guess the real definition is how do you define Time?

Time for all intents and purposes isn't real, it is simply a word we created that is relative to the position of the sun and earth. The moment you leave the planet Time for all intents and purposes ceases to exist for you as the relative factors are no longer relevent to you.

Time generally consists of measured values, ie 1 hour = 60 minutes, 1 minute = 60 seconds, but when you get to the bottom value there is no direct definition lol, what exactly is it we are measuring.

The other issue we run into is based on light. Everything we see is based on the speed at which light travels. Therefore we are always looking into the past, since whatever you are seeing has actually already occured, and you are simply waiting for the light to travel from the event experienced to your eyes.

Since that is how our perceptions work it also stands to reason that it would be impossible to travel forward in time, since you will forever be waiting for the light to reflect off of the event in question and to reach your eyes.

This also leads us to another intersting question. If you can travel faster than light, then you could techinically whitness an event, then travel light years across the universe where this event has not been whitnessed yet and essentially predict the future as you have already seen what has occured, but no one else has seen it in your new location because the light has not traveled to that point yet.

However, this also begs the question of whether or not that is actually time travel. For while you could beat the light which tells the rest of the world what has occured, the event its self has actually already occured and is not changeable. It's kinda the same thing as seeing someone shot and two people try to report the crime, one person reports it by walking to the police station, while the other places a phone call. Neither changes the events in any way, it is simply a faster means of communication but in no way impacts the events in question thus no time travel has actually occured.

I think that time may well be circular, and have more than one dimension.

I have this method of visualising an arbitrary number of dimensions, but when I try to explain it to other people without using pen and paper, it's difficult to get past about 5. Probably because it involves containing infinite space in a finite object.

What confuses me is how light and time are so intrinsically linked.

dnar

I think that time may well be circular, and have more than one dimension.
With this theory I agree. Sometimes time loops back on it's self and I find myself back where I started just a few minutes earlier.
With this theory I agree. Sometimes time loops back on it's self and I find myself back where I started just a few minutes earlier.

I think I'm tripping.
119.gif

But then again, none of you real, and my life exists on a organic hard drive.

Or is it you that's the organic hard drive, and your life is a simulation to occupy the non-data-storage portions of you?

HIMNL9

but, also drugs are illusions, caused from the lack of fun in the reality ..... :p :D