Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thread Title Editing Now Possible!

Okay people, editing thread titles is now possible!!

Just go to your first post and click on
edit.gif

Then click on "Go advanced".
Where it says "Title:" you should be able to edit the thread title.

There's an easier method: Double click on the thread's title bar (do not click on the thread's name or else you'll be directed to the thread itself) while on the thread's section and edit the text, then hit the enter key!

2v2ed75.jpg

EDIT Away!

Last edited:

Thanks, Niko !!! This was one little area where we couldn't correct a bad or misspelled title. Very useful info.

daguin

I can change this, but not the thread title of the OP

Didn't we go through this before. You can edit the thread title for YOUR reply and IIRC people who reply to your reply will get the new thread title, but it didn't actually change the thread title of the OP. Anyone replying from the OP or from "post reply" still got the original thread title. PLUS the original thread title is still what is listed in the "recent" listings -- even if you have changed the title on your reply.

Try it with your OP, Niko. I don't want to make another thread just to test it.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

daguin

Re: I can change this, but not the thread title of the OP

When quoting me the title remains what I put on it

Peace,
dave

daguin

When replying to the OP (or the thread rather than a specific posting) I would have to edit it EACH time or it comes back as the original thread title

Peace,
dave

daguin

Re: I can change this, but not the thread title of the OP

When quoting me the title remains what I put on it
Peace,
dave

I will check the "recent" list after this posting. This is in reply to the post with MY edited title

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** In both the "last post" (boards) list and the "latest posts" list, this is still listed as the original thread title, even though it is in reply to MY altered thread title. Niko needs to try editing the ORIGINAL thread title on the OP to see if this can actually be changed or not.

Last edited:
When replying to the OP (or the thread rather than a specific posting) I would have to edit it EACH time or it comes back as the original thread title

Peace,
dave

Dave, this just happened today. I've tested it several times, the thread name DOES change.

Have a look at this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f59/changing-thread-title-problems-44732.html#post596950

Try it for yourself, create a test thread anywhere you want and follow the procedure :)

Heck, I'll even edit this thread to have "DAGUIN ROCKS + Editing Thread Titles" if you want.

EDIT: Done, thread name is now "Thread Title Editing Now Possible! DAGUIN = THE BEST"

Yes you can change this AND the OP title, just try and create a test thread, it works

I will check the "recent" list after this posting. This is in reply to the post with MY edited title

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** In both the "last post" (boards) list and the "latest posts" list, this is still listed as the original thread title, even though it is in reply to MY altered thread title. Niko needs to try editing the ORIGINAL thread title on the OP to see if this can actually be changed or not.

Dave, the thread's name both in the OP and in the section is now changed, do you see the "DAGUIN = THE BEST"?

Last edited:

daguin

Re: Thread Title Editing Now Possible! DAGUIN = THE BEST

May be EXCELLENT! The title came up here as the new one. I will check the "latest" lists and come back

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- SCORE!!!!!!

< does PeePee dance >:thanks:

**Second Edit**
Notice too, the work of the master, as I have successfully SPAMMED this thread, thereby artificially increasing my post count ;)

Last edited:

May be EXCELLENT! The title came up here as the new one. I will check the "latest" lists and come back

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- SCORE!!!!!!

< does PeePee dance >:thanks:

;) :san:

If this wasn't true I'd be trolling LPF hard, hehe.

Should I change the title back or do you want the DAGUIN = THE BEST to remain there :p?

**Second Edit**
Notice too, the work of the master, as I have successfully SPAMMED this thread, thereby artificially increasing my post count ;)

I try. I do try really hard... I just can't even imitate such great...art!!

daguin

;) :san:
If this wasn't true I'd be trolling LPF hard, hehe.
Should I change the title back or do you want the DAGUIN = THE BEST to remain there :p?

I would NEVER presume to tell you what to do with your thread (although I have told a few others what they could do with their threads ;) )

Peace,
dave

I would NEVER presume to tell you what to do with your thread (although I have told a few others what they could do with their threads ;) )

Peace,
dave

Ok, time to get serious then, I'll change it back to make it look more professional :whistle:

:thinking: :san:

first-i-lold.jpg

Glad for this kind of change now. Cause you all know that we tend to type fast and refrain from spell checking or even wording things better ;)

Glad for this kind of change now. Cause you all know that we tend to type fast and refrain from spell checking or even wording things better ;)

Yeah but it's most important on the BST section where sellers can now edit the prices of their products. In addition they can now write a "CLOSED" status.

daguin

Yeah but it's most important on the BST section where sellers can now edit the prices of their products. In addition they can now write a "CLOSED" status.

:angel::angel::angel::angel: and the angels sang :angel::angel::angel::angel:

Peace,
dave