Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thoughts on Cubote?

New guy here..

Any update on that laser that shipped? I am considering ordering from them but holding off to see what happens with you first.

Just getting into the laser scene, still in the research phase and hoping to eventually build my own (nothing fancy or big, just something like one of those torch designs for coolness factor). Going to buy one before I build one and those prices just look too good to be true.

-Az

Duh.. I just saw your review you posted so ignore my post =)
And thanks for the update!
-Az

i just tried to order from this site actually! I went for the 532nm. I think it was about 120mW for 39$ I had to register even though the semi option said for "easier transaction". It had no other options so that took awhile. Then when it came down to payment my only options were bit-coin or money order! Really?! So I gave up. I hope someone else has an easier time with this.

rhd

i just tried to order from this site actually! I went for the 532nm. I think it was about 120mW for 39$ I had to register even though the semi option said for "easier transaction". It had no other options so that took awhile. Then when it came down to payment my only options were bit-coin or money order! Really?! So I gave up. I hope someone else has an easier time with this.

IMO, nobody should order from a site that forces you to use unsafe non-recourse payment methods.

hehehe that my thought exactly! That's when i bailed! I have heard mostly bad reviews on this page and I figured I would try them to get a better idea. I did't even get that far!

The only negative reviews of cubote seem to be about the member on here spamming. I haven't heard anything bad about the lasers and mine was just fine. He did mention that I was his first and last PayPal customer though,which is bad news for him.

I was pretty bummed because I had seen a ten dollar 200mw 650nm on there I wanted to check out but theres no way in hell am I doing a Western Union transfer.

without a proper payment that covers you in case anything goes bad you can not really succed in selling many lasers today, not like there arent others that offer better choices in case something goes wrong..

Nute

No offense to Cubote, but they look like common Ebay lasers. Also the fake beam shots makes it feel like the sketchy scenario we see on Ebay. Just my 2 pennies.

No offense to Cubote, but they look like common Ebay lasers. Also the fake beam shots makes it feel like the sketchy scenario we see on Ebay. Just my 2 pennies.

Yes, this has been well established by...let me seem..oh right, everyone.